Subject: [dhcwg] Adoption call on draft-csl-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-3315update-00

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 19:25:59 +0200

Hi all,
This draft is a side effect of the DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 discussions during
last IETF meeting. We were somewhat surprised to note that RFC3315 does
not clarify how the relays should handle message types that they do not
recognize. This draft clarifies that unknown messages should be relayed
as usual.

Authors requested adoption call on
draft-csl-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-3315update-00. This call is being
initiated to confirm whether there is WG consensus to adopt this work as
DHC WG draft. Please state whether or not you're in favor of the
adoption by replying to this mail.
If you are not in favor, please also state your objections in your
response. This adoption call will complete on 2013-04-17.

Regards,
Bernie & Tomek

---

From: "Gaurav Halwasia (ghalwasi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 02:07:16 +0000

I support adoption of this document.

-Gaurav

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tomek Mrugalski
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:56 PM
To: dhcwg
Subject: [dhcwg] Adoption call on draft-csl-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-3315update-00

Hi all,
This draft is a side effect of the DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 discussions during last IETF meeting. We were somewhat surprised to note that RFC3315 does not clarify how the relays should handle message types that they do not recognize. This draft clarifies that unknown messages should be relayed as usual.

Authors requested adoption call on
draft-csl-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-3315update-00. This call is being initiated to confirm whether there is WG consensus to adopt this work as DHC WG draft. Please state whether or not you're in favor of the adoption by replying to this mail.
If you are not in favor, please also state your objections in your response. This adoption call will complete on 2013-04-17.

Regards,
Bernie & Tomek

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:52:26 -0700

On 13-04-03 10:25, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
> initiated to confirm whether there is WG consensus to adopt this work
> as DHC WG draft. Please state whether or not you're in favor of the 
> adoption by replying to this mail. If you are not in favor, please
> also state your objections in your response. This adoption call will
> complete on 2013-04-17.
This message summarizes adoption call for
draft-csl-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-3315update-00. Several folks expressed
their support for this work, with noone objecting. I was hoping for more
broad support, but this has not materialized. Fortunately, chairs feel
that the number of supporters is sufficient to say that the WG consensus
is to adopt this work.

Authors, please address all received comments that were raised during
adoption call and upload your draft as
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg. The "-3315update" is not necessary in
the draft name.

Cheers,
Bernie & Tomek