Subject: [dhcwg] New version of draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration-02 posted

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:23:46 +0200

Hi,

Just in case you missed it, a new version of draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration (02) was recently posted.

As this version incorporates the new DCHPv4 over DHCPv6 model described in the recently adopted draft-scskf-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 and other changes based on the discussions in Orlando, the authors would like request that the WG chairs make a call for adoption based.

Cheers,
Ian

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:36:39 +0200

Hi all,

This draft is an attempt to summarize the alternatives regarding IPv4
hosts configuration in IPv6-only network. If adopted, it will eventually
document DHC recommendation for the stated problem. Currently there is
no conclusion stated in the text. The plan is to first see if the WG
wants to work on this issue. If the answer is yes, then we will try to
reach a consensus on what should the recommendation be. That will be
done only after this draft is adopted.

As requested by the authors, we are announcing adoption call on
draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration-02. This call is being initiated to
confirm whether there is WG consensus to adopt this work as DHC WG
draft. Please state whether or not you're in favour of the adoption by
replying to this mail. If you are not in favour, please also state your
objections in your response. This adoption call will conclude after
2013-05-08.

This adoption call is about whether we as a working group want to work
on this problem and ultimately make a recommendation. It is not about
picking specific technology for IPv4 hosts configuration in IPv6
networks at that time.

Background info:

This issue was extensively discussed during Orlando meeting. Couple
useful things came out of it: DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 draft that documents
what looked like a consensus in the meeting room (adopted couple days
ago), a new draft that documents relay behaviour when receiving unknown
messages (also adopted recently), and draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration
received an update to reflect the latest developments.

This draft went through an adoption call couple months ago, but it then
had a conclusion that pointed out toward a solution that was undefined
at that time. The (somewhat premature) conclusion was promptly removed,
but it was too late to stop a heated discussion.

Regards,
Bernie & Tomek

On 23.04.2013 23:23, [email-masked] wrote:
> Just in case you missed it, a new version of
> draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration (02) was recently posted.
>  
> As this version incorporates the new DCHPv4 over DHCPv6 model described
> in the recently adopted draft-scskf-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 and other changes
> based on the discussions in Orlando, the authors would like request that
> the WG chairs make a call for adoption based.
>  
> Cheers,
> Ian
>  
>  
>  
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>