Subject: [dhcwg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02.txt

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:11:32 +0000

The authors have submitted a new version of Secure DHCPv6, following the review comments from Ted Lemon an Bernie Volz. The latest version can be found through below URL.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02.txt

Change log

   draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-01: removed protection between relay agent
   and server due to complexity, following the comments from Ted Lemon,
   Bernie Volz. 2013-10-16.

   draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-01: update according to review comments from
   Ted Lemon, Bernie Volz, Ralph Droms.  Separated Public Key/
   Certificate option into two options.  Refined many detailed
   processes. 2013-10-08.

   draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-00: original version, this draft is a
   replacement of draft-ietf-dhc-secure-dhcpv6, which reached IESG and
   dead because of consideration regarding to CGA.  The authors followed
   the suggestion from IESG making a general public key based mechanism.
   2013-06-29.

More view and comments are always appreciated.

Best regards,

Sheng + Sean

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:08 PM
>To: Sheng Jiang; Sean Shen
>Subject: New Version Notification for draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02.txt
>
>
>A new version of I-D, draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Sheng Jiang and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6
>Revision:	 02
>Title:		 Secure DHCPv6 with Public Key
>Creation date:	 2013-10-16
>Group:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 16
>URL:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02.txt
>Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6
>Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02
>Diff:
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jiang-dhc-sedhcpv6-02
>
>Abstract:
>   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) enables
>   DHCPv6 servers to pass configuration parameters.  It offers
>   configuration flexibility.  If not secured, DHCPv6 is vulnerable to
>   various attacks, particularly spoofing attacks.  This document
>   analyzes the security issues of DHCPv6 and specifies a Secure DHCPv6
>   mechanism for communication between DHCPv6 client and server.  This
>   mechanism is based on public/private key pairs.  The authority of the
>   sender may depend on either pre-configuration mechanism or Public Key
>   Infrastructure.
>
>
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat