Subject: Re: [dhcwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3633 (3736)

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 23:39:57 +0800

Frankly speaking, I prefer the original text. This copy revision sound
unnecessary.

I suppose only the 1st router (called the Provider Edge router) in the
provider network needs to add the routing information (or routes) for
delegated prefixes, the other routers (through which the requesting router
may forward traffic) could get these routes from the routing protocol
employed in the ISP network.

Best Regards,
Leaf

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
RFC Errata System
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:43 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3633 (3736)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3633,
"IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version
6".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3633&eid=3736

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alexandru Petrescu (w/ text from R.  Droms)
<[email-masked]>

Section: 14

Original Text
-------------
If a delegating router communicates with a requesting router through a relay
agent, the delegating router may need a protocol or other out-of-band
communication to add routing information for delegated prefixes into the
provider edge router.

Corrected Text
--------------
If a delegating router communicates with a requesting router through a relay
agent, the delegating router may need a protocol or other out-of-band
communication to add routing information for delegated prefixes into any
router through which the requesting router may forward traffic.

Notes
-----
This is a terminology correction.  See discussion on the email list DHCWG of
the DHC WG of IETF, 24 September 2013,
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg14709.html

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please use
"Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. When a
decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG) can log in to change the
status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3633 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol (DHCP) version 6
Publication Date    : December 2003
Author(s)           : O. Troan, R. Droms
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg