Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 04:59:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Customizing DHCP Configuration on the Basis of Network Topology
        Authors         : Ted Lemon
                          Tomek Mrugalski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   DHCP servers have evolved over the years to provide significant
   functionality beyond that which is described in the DHCP base
   specifications.  One aspect of this functionality is support for
   context-specific configuration information.  This memo describes some
   such features and makes recommendations as to how they can be used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:05:34 +0200

This is an updated version that hopefully addresses all raised comments.
Thanks a lot to all those who took time and reviewed it.

Changes since -01:

- The doc is now informational;
- Terminology fixed and expanded (also covers some Microsoft
  terminology);
- Added a reference when an option is mentioned for the first time;
- Added explanation that clients are never exposed to relay-forward or
  relay-reply messages;
- examples rewritten (they are now properly formatted JSON and use IP
  test ranges from RFC5737;
- Clarified that name resolution does not pick up changes instantly, but
  is subject to DNS caching mechanism;
- Merged 2 sections about relays;
- All references are now informative (normative is not allowed in
  informational);
- I-D is now idnits clean.

Tomek

On 04.07.2014 13:59, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>