Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09.txt

From: Marcin Siodelski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:42:38 +0100

The -09 version of the draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09 has been
posted. Summary of changes:

- Minor editorial changes in the abstract and introduction
- Client must limit the rate for the Renew/Rebind messages which it
sends when the IA is not in the Reply received in response to previous
Renew/Rebind messages. This improves a previous text introduced in -08.
- Changed MAY to SHOULD in the text which says that the server SHOULD
assign prefixes when it receives IA_PD with no prefixes from the client.

The first and third of those changes are the result of Fred Templin's
review of previous versions of the draft. The second one was discussed
on the DHC meeting in Honolulu.

Please review and post your comments.

Regards,
Marcin

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09.txt
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 06:22:34 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Bernie Volz <[email-masked]>, Ole Troan <[email-masked]>, Marcin
Siodelski <[email-masked]>, Ole Troan <[email-masked]>, Bernie Volz
<[email-masked]>, Marcin Siodelski <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marcin Siodelski and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues
Revision:	09
Title:		Issues and Recommendations with Multiple Stateful DHCPv6 Options
Document date:	2014-11-26
Group:		dhc
Pages:		21
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-09

Abstract:
   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) was not written
   with the expectation that additional stateful DHCPv6 options would be
   developed.  IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCP) version 6 has since shoe-horned a new option for
   Prefix Delegation into DHCPv6.  Implementation experience of the CPE
   model described in RFC 7084 has shown multiple issues with the DHCPv6
   protocol in supporting multiple stateful options.  This document
   updates RFC 3315 and RFC 3633 to address the identified issues.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat