Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses: Data types (feedback needed!)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 05:50:57 -0300

Folks,

During the wg call for adoption of this document, it was (correctly)
noted that we should specify the data types, such that the result of the
expression from Section 3:

       RID = F(Prefix | Client_DUID | IAID | Counter | secret_key)

is the same on all implementations/platforms (given the same parameters).

This is my suggestion for the data types for each of the aforementioned
parameters:

* Prefix: A 128-bit unsigned integer, in network byte order. A 128-bit
integer representing a prefix expressed as "IPV6ADDRESS/len" should have
the low order 128-len bits set to 0.

* Client_DUID: The full DUID field as received in a Client Identifier
Option. The DUID can be treated as an array of 8-bit unsigned integers.

* IAID: A 32-bit unsigned integer in network byte order. This field is
the IAID field as received in a IA_NA option.

* Counter: A 32-bit unsigned integer in network byte order.

* secret_key: An array of 8-bit unsigned integers containing the ASCII
codes corresponding to a null-terminated string.

P.S.:  Please do let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1