Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa-00.txt

From: Linhui Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 13:16:55 +0800

Hi, all

We've submitted a draft which intends to solve part of the privacy issues
of DHCPv6. This document defines a mechanism that builds a trusted
relationship between client and server before the standard DHCPv6 process.
This design could be considered as a mitigation of
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-privacy. We hope you could review the draft and any
comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
Linhui

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2015-03-09 13:00 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa-00.txt
To: ZiLong Liu <[email-masked]>, Yong Cui <
[email-masked]>, Linhui Sun <[email-masked]>, "Yiu L.
Lee" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Linhui Sun and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa
Revision:       00
Title:          Secure Access Mechanism for DHCPv6
Document date:  2015-03-08
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yiu-dhc-dhcpv6-sa-00

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 [RFC3315] provides configuration parameters such as IPv6
   network addresses for hosts.  The unencrypted nature and use of
   various identifiers make its privacy and security become more
   vulnerable.  With appropriate protection mechanisms, the privacy and
   security can be improved to some extent.  This document specifies
   such a mechanism that builds a trusted relationship between DHCPv6
   clients and servers before solicitation.  The mechanism enables a
   valid client to find and access the legitimate server or reject and
   blacklist a rogue server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat