Subject: [dhcwg] DHC posting rules tweaks

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:44:45 +0200

DHC chairs are receiving an increasing number of posts to the DHC that
end up in moderation and require manual approval. Bernie and I decided
to tweak the list parameters a bit. The changes are:

- posts up to 100KB (was up to 60KB). We sometimes had legitimate posts
that were over 60KB. Such posts were held in moderation until Bernie or
I were able to log into the admin panel and approve it. We tried to be
as responsive as possible, but it's not really feasible to rely on us to
be always on-line. We think that 100KB is the upper limit and we're
unlikely to push it further. If you have more information to convey
(e.g. updated draft), please upload them somewhere and post a link.

- posts by non-subscibers. Up until now, a post by non-subscriber went
to moderation queue. We changed that. If the poster is subscribed to DHC
or any other IETF list, it will be accepted automatically. That "any
other list" part should help with any cross-wg posts. If the poster is
not subscribed to DHC or any IETF list, his/her post to DHC will be
rejected with a note explaining how to subscribe to DHC. The note also
points out that it's possible to unsubscribe immediately after posting.

Let's see how that works out. If those changes break down your posting
habits significantly, please speak up.

Bernie & Tomek