Subject: [dhcwg] Fw:New Version Notification for draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03.txt

From: 李丽姗 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:59:05 +0800

Dear all,

we have submitted a new version of the
draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03.txt.

In this version, we add some text about the deployment consideration
according to the saag comments. We have discuss the draft on the saag mail
list (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/threads.html).
Thanks for the constructive comments from many secure area experts,
including Stephen Farrell, Randy Bush. The most important concern is
regarding to the deployment/applicability consideration. Stephen Farrell
suggested us to use TOFU. TOFU calls for accepting and storing a
certificate associated with an asserted identity, without authenticating
that assertion. And finally we have almost reach an agreement to use TOFU.
Although there are cases such as enterprise case, the TOFU cannot work
well. But we think that it provide better assurance than we have today.

Could you please review the draft and any comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
Lishan

-------- Forwarding messages --------
From: [email-masked]
Date: 2015-08-31 11:28:42
To:  "Jianping Wu" <[email-masked]>,"Yiu Lee" <
[email-masked]>,"Yong Cui" <[email-masked]>,"Lishan
Li" <[email-masked]>,"Jianping Wu" <[email-masked]>,"Lishan
Li" <[email-masked]>,"Yiu Lee" <[email-masked]>,"Yong Cui"
<[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lishan Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption
Revision: 03
Title: Authentication and Encryption Mechanism for DHCPv6
Document date: 2015-08-30
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-encryption-03

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) enables
   DHCPv6 servers to configure network parameters.  However, due to the
   unsecured nature, various critical identifiers used in DHCPv6 are
   vulnerable to several types of attacks, particularly pervasive
   monitoring.  This document provides a mechanism to secure DHCPv6
   messages, which achieves the server authentication and encryption
   between the DHCPv6 client and server.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat