Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-active-leasequery-05.txt> (Active DHCPv4 Lease Query) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:00:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Active DHCPv4 Lease Query'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-active-leasequery-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) has been
   extended with a Leasequery capability that allows a requestor to
   request information about DHCPv4 bindings.  That mechanism is limited
   to queries for individual bindings.  In some situations individual
   binding queries may not be efficient, or even possible.  In addition,
   continuous update of an external requestor with Leasequery data is
   sometimes desired.  This document expands on the DHCPv4 Leasequery
   protocol, and allows for active transfer of near real-time DHCPv4
   binding information data via TCP.  This document updates RFC6926,
   DHCPv4 Bulk Leasequery.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-active-leasequery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-active-leasequery/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1278/