Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 05:56:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Failover Protocol
        Authors         : Tomasz Mrugalski
                          Kim Kinnear
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 80
	Date            : 2015-10-16

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 defined in "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6)" does not offer server redundancy.  This document defines a
   specific protocol implementation to provide for DHCPv6 failover, a
   mechanism for running two servers on the same network with capability
   for either server to take over clients' leases in case of server
   failure or network partition.  It meets the requirements for DHCPv6
   failover detailed in "DHCPv6 Failover Requirements".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/