Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Access Network Identifier Option in DHCP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-access-network-identifier-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 06:59:21 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Access Network Identifier Option in DHCP'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-access-network-identifier-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-access-network-identifier/

Technical Summary:

   This document defines new DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options for access 
   network identification that is added by Relay agent s
   in the DHCPv4 or DHCPv6 messages towards the server.  This 
   information can be used to provide differentiated services 
   and policing of traffic based on the access network to which 
   a client is attached.

Working Group Summary:

  This document was called draft-bhandari-dhc-access-network-identifier 
  prior to its adoption. There was unanimous support for it in favor of 
  adoption (and none against), so this document was adopted in May 
  2013. There was interest in this work posts since its adoption. 
  There was never any opposition for this work.
  
  This document went through a relevant long document development
  period (10 months for individual document period, 21 month for WG 
  document period) due to the authors lack of the DHC background 
  expertise. The DHC expert, Bernie Volz, has joined in latest 
  version so that the maturity of this document can be reached.

Document Quality:

  This document went through multiple reviews by multiple WG
  participants. The options, relay's and server's behaviors are
  clearly defined. I'm not aware of any existing implementations.

Personnel:

  Sheng Jiang is the document shepherd.
  Brian Haberman is the responsible AD.