Subject: [dhcwg] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-dhc-relay-port-05

From: Ralf Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 05:08:12 -0700

Reviewer: Ralf Weber
Review result: Ready with Nits

Moin!

I reviewed this document and I'm good with it. The only minor purely cosmetic
note is that it took me some time to understand why you record the port for the
IPv6 relay chain. According to a discussion I had with Bernie that is to be
able to have the agent stateless. Maybe add that to the motivation why you
store it in the packet at the end of section 4 (, to allow stateless operation
in a relay chain)

So long
-Ralf

---

From: "Naiming Shen (naiming)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 04:23:33 +0000

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your review of this document. Your
suggestion makes lot of sense.
I’m going to add the below sentence in the section 4:

“.., to allow the stateless operation in a relay chain, …”

to make the motivation clear for this dhcpv6 relay option.

the rfcdiff file is attached.

Cheers,
- Naiming

---

From: "Naiming Shen (naiming)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 17:24:50 +0000

Changed again of the paragraph in section 4 to below, thanks
to Ted who offerred the text:

   Relay agents do not maintain state.  To return a message to its
   source, the relay agent must include all the required information in
   the Relay-Forward message.  When a relay in a sequence of cascaded
   relays does not use the standard source port, that source port must
   be included along with the source address.  This option allows the
   relay agent to do so.

rfcdiff attached.

Cheers,
- Naiming