Subject: [Dime] SASL over Diameter: AVP Codes inquiry

From: Rick van Rein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 20:11:29 +0000

Hello DiMe,

The attached Internet Draft is an extension to Diameter to
make it relay SASL authentication requests.  This is intended
to run between independently operated domains, so we plan to
ask IANA to register the AVP Codes.

Before we file this request, please let us know if you have
any concerns about or feedback on the specification.  These
are AVPs for the NAS application, and they are not Mandatory.

   This specification defines three AVP Codes for use with Diameter.
   IANA is requested to register the following AVP Codes for them in the
   "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) Parameters"
   registry:

   AVP Code | Attribute Name       | Reference
   ---------+----------------------+------------
   TBD0     | SASL-Mechanism       | (this spec)
   TBD1     | SASL-Token           | (this spec)
   TBD2     | SASL-Channel-Binding | (this spec)

Thanks,

Rick van Rein,
Henri Manson

A new version of I-D, draft-vanrein-diameter-sasl-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rick van Rein and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-vanrein-diameter-sasl
Revision:       06
Title:          Realm Crossover for SASL and GSS-API via Diameter
Document date:  2022-01-28
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          23
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-vanrein-diameter-sasl-06.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanrein-diameter-sasl/
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vanrein-diameter-sasl
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanrein-diameter-sasl-06

Abstract:
   SASL and GSS-API are used for authentication in many application
   protocols.  This specification extends them to allow credentials of
   an identity domain to be used against external services.  To this
   end, it introduces end-to-end encryption for SASL that is safe to
   relay through a foreign server.