Subject: [Din] DI2F: Decentralising the Internet with IPFS and Filecoin - IFIP Networking Workshop

From: Yiannis Psaras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 08:11:43 +0200

Hi everyone,

the CFP below should be of interest to this list. Please get in touch if
you have any questions.

Best regards,
Yiannis.

Call for ContributionsDI2F: Decentralising the Internet with IPFS and
Filecoin

*21st-24th June 2021*

*Venue:* IFIP Networking 2021: https://networking.ifip.org/2021
*Workshop Page:*
https://networking.ifip.org/2021/workshops/di2f-decentralising-the-internet-with-ipfs-and-filecoin

Important Dates

   -

   Submission Deadline: Friday 19th March 2021
   -

   Acceptance Notification: Friday 23rd April 2021
   -

   Workshop date: 21st-24th June 2021

The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a peer-to-peer,
content-addressable, distributed file system that seeks to connect all
computing devices with the same system of files. It is an open-source
community-driven project, with reference implementations in Go and
Javascript and a global community of millions of users.

IPFS resembles past and present efforts to build and deploy P2P and
content-centric approaches to content storage, resolution, distribution and
delivery. IPFS and libp2p — the modular network stack of IPFS — rely on
name-resolution based routing. The content resolution system is based on
the Kademlia DHT and content is addressed by flat hash-based names. IPFS
sees significant real-world usage, with tens of companies building on top
of its set of protocols, over 250,000 monthly active network nodes,
millions of end-users, and wide adoption by several other projects in the
Decentralised Web and beyond.

An adjacent project to IPFS is Filecoin. Filecoin is a token-based protocol
that supports a decentralised storage and delivery network. Storage and
retrieval miners are rewarded according to their contribution to the
network and the mechanics of Filecoin secure the network against malicious
activity.

The workshop will consist of a number of different sessions and session
styles that go beyond a traditional presentations-only workshop and seek to
foster interaction between participants. Hands-on sessions will give
participants first-hand knowledge of how to use IPFS, while a capstone
competition will give attendees the chance to develop open-source
applications on top of IPFS and win prizes.

The workshop welcomes contributions in the following forms:

   -

   Work-in-progress papers (limited to 6 pages).
   -

   Abstract or position papers (limited to 2 pages).
   -

   Demos (limited to 2 pages) showcasing a proof-of-concept prototype.
   -

   Competition project ideas (limited to 1 page) to be included in the
   competition session, which will take place following the workshop.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

   -

   Improvements to the IPFS protocol stack or the Filecoin protocol from a
   performance, privacy, or security perspective.
   -

   Architectural proposals or protocol contributions that advance the state
   of decentralisation in Internet services.
   -

   Socio-economic, legal, and/or regulatory aspects of content-addressable,
   permissionless, P2P networks.
   -

   Applications that build on top of decentralised network storage and
   retrieval protocols.

Important Dates

   -

   Submission Deadline: Friday 19th March 2021
   -

   Acceptance Notification: Friday 23rd April 2021

Paper Submission Information

Papers should not exceed the page limit in IEEE format (double-column, 10pt
font), including figures and references  and should be submitted through
EDAS in PDF format. More information will follow.

Only original papers that have not been published or submitted for review
elsewhere will be considered for publication in the proceedings. The review
process is single-blind - authors should present their names and
affiliations in the submitted manuscript.

Papers will appear in the conference proceedings and will be submitted to
IEEE Xplore Digital Library. At least one author of each accepted paper is
required to register and present the work in the workshop.

Organising Committee

   -

   George C. Polyzos, AUEB, GR
   -

   Nuno Santos, INESC-ID, Technical University of Lisbon, PT
   -

   Jorge Soares, Protocol Labs