Subject: Lisa's Apps Area Activity for November

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 09:41:59 -0800

Quick Notes from San Diego
	- Philip Guenther and Barry Leiba were encouraged to start planning  
a BoF on notifications of events from email systems (BIFF, maybe?).
	- Some discussion on how to bring SMTP on up the standards track --  
I think this will be pursued on [email-masked].

Document Status and progress

PUBLISHED documents this month: none

APPROVED documents this month: none
	- draft-ietf-imapext-annotate (Experimental): Although IESG approved  
this, we still need to add RFC Editor notes or update the document so  
that the IANA actions are clear.	

Documents in IESG Evaluation:
	- draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-10, Usenet article format revision: Two  
IESG DISCUSS issues open.   May need to add normative dependency to  
UsePro draft, in order to get full implementability and have complete  
security considerations.

Documents in IETF Last Call: none

Documents in AD Evaluation or otherwise waiting on me:
	- draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history: New version produced in  
November in response to AD review.  Need to review.
	- draft-snell-atompub-feed-license-09.txt (Informational): New  
version produced in November to make sure the scope of the license is  
useful according to consensus that arose in last call.  Need to review.

Documents needing new versions:
	- draft-ietf-atompub-protocol: Sent my AD evaluation questions and  
comments  to the AtomPub list; chairs promised new revision
	- draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09: next version needs to deal with ABNF  
issues, nits, and long thread on escaping non-UTF8 data, IETF Last  
call questions and IANA question.
	- draft-kunze-rfc2413bis (Informational, RFC Ed Submission): Author  
decided to do another revision.
	- draft-gulbrandsen-collation-basic: dependency for IMAPEXT SORT;  
has list of open issues in draft.

Other/tracking:
	- draft-melnikov-imap-expunged-02.txt: Dropped this document from my  
shepherding queue, as it's now going to be covered in a complementary  
Lemonade WG draft (draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client).
	- draft-ietf-imapext-sort-18 depends on draft-gulbrandsen-collation- 
basic-00.
	- draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis-05.txt added to my queue: author  
requesting reviews, then new version expected.
	- draft-ietf-imapext-i18n-06.txt: WG last call in IMAPEXT happening  
again

Working Group Activity

AtomPub:  Discussing Media entries, atom:content src attribute, what  
format categories documents can take, and other publishing protocol  
issues.  Off-charter: discussing autodiscovery drafts, paged feeds.
UseFor: Starting work on UsePro.
IMAPExt: Discussing SORT, IDLE and IDLEPLUS, ENABLE, various metadata  
proposals, and Mark and Arnt's new comparator work.
Sieve: Lots of discussion on how to reject spam (with protocol-level  
reject or sending MDNs, and how to preserve existing behavior where  
already in use), on managesieve, and on the "ihave" extension.
Calsify: Steadily resolving issues for revision of RFC2445.
Widex:  No action.

Other Activity

Apps Architecture Review Team : Julian reviewed RFC4234.
Apps Discuss list: Discussions about using port numbers vs. SRV  
records, deprecating the concept of "well-known port", and about  
escaping Unicode characters.
W3C related: no activity noted
HTTP: Significant activity on [email-masked] (NOT a currently  
active WG)

Lisa