Subject: FW: Invitation: Joint XML Guidelines Discussion (20080205) - Update

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:56:56 +0100

This is the final invitation for the Joint XML Guidelines call organized
by the ITU-T NGN Management Focus Group. The date of the call was set
for 2/5. It would be good I think if somebody from the APPS area and/or
XML Directorate could join. 
 
Dan

________________________________

From: Nigel Davis [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:12 AM
To: Dave Sidor; *Mak, Leen; *Toche, Christian; Marie Divialle;
*Johannessen, Knut; *Fujii, Nobuo; *Kurakova, Tatiana; *Burkett, Debbie;
*Caruso, Francesco; *Garbanati, Linda; Frode Nergard; *Geipl, Michael;
*Caryer, Geoff; *Zoicas, Adrian; *Huang, Shuqiang; *Wang, Zhili; Amit
Kleinmann; Tang, Yong-Ping (TSG-GDCC-SH); Jerome Magnet;
[email-masked]; Vincent Perrot; Richard Craddock (rcraddoc);
[email-masked]; *Caruso, Francesco; *Burkett, Debbie;
Frode Nergard; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
*Kurakova, Tatiana; Carl Larson; [email-masked]; Fargano, Michael;
GARBANATI Linda; *Yoshida, Tatsuhiko; Bert Wijnen (ITU); Romascanu, Dan
(Dan); Thomas Tovinger; Phil Shafer
Cc: Ian Best; *Ronco, Enrico; Fratini, Stephen
Subject: Invitation: Joint XML Guidelines Discussion (20080205) - Update

Hi all, 

This follows on from the email invitation I sent 2008-01-11. At that
point I had suggested an alternative to the original date proposed at
the meeting that initiated this call. As a consequence of various email
exchanges I have decided to keep to the original date (Tuesday 5th
February 2008 as detailed below). I have extended the invitation to
several others who have shown interest in attending since the initial
invitation. If you think I have missed someone interested in attending
that you are aware please do not hesitate to forward this mail (copying
me so I can get a view of numbers).

DaveS: Again I would be grateful if you would forward this as
appropriate to enable the NGNMFG community to participate.

Titania: I would be grateful if you could arrange a room for this call
as requested by Dave Sidor. 

The following is extracted from the original mail: 

Introduction 
As discussed and agreed at the "Joint Conference Call on Methodology
between ITU-T SG4, 3GPP SA5, TISPAN WG8, TMF mTOP and ATIS TMOC" held
2007-12-12,  I am calling a meeting to discuss "XML guidelines" and to
potentially initiate combined work (study etc) in the area of generation
and refinement of XML guidelines and definitions for application to
management system interfaces.

Agenda 

*	Introductions 
*	IPR declaration 
*	Brief overview of purpose 
*	Some initial considerations 
*	Next steps 
*	AOB 

Meeting Logistics 

*	Date: 

	*	Tuesday 5th February 

*	Time: 

	*	13:00 GMT - 15:00 GMT 
	*	Local time conversion:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=5&month=2&year=
2008&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=5&month=2&year
=2008&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=0>  

*	Phone Access Details: 

	*	Number: 

		*	+1-972-684-5262 (US) 
		*	+44-162-843-5262 (UK) 
		*	+33-16-955-2262 (France) 
		*	+49-696-697-1262 (Germany) 
		*	+39-065-152-9162 (Italy) 
		*	+34-91-709-4762 (Spain) 
		*	+61-2-6279-7721 (Australia (Canberra)) 
		*	6-427-5262 (Nortel) 

	*	Access code: 59781# 

*	Webmeeting Access Details 

	*	https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/146470527
<https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/146470527>  
	*	Meeting ID: 146-470-527 

I may need to change the Webmeeting access but will inform you by mail
before the meeting. 

If you have any comments on the above please do not hesitate to contact
me by return of mail or by phone (as below). 

Thanks 

Nigel Davis 
Nortel 
Desk/ip/vm : +44-1279-403978 (ESN 742-3978)
Mobile/vm   : +44-7740-670288 (ESN 748-0288)
Fax               : +44-1279-405904 (ESN 742-5904) 
London Road
Harlow, Essex
CM17 9NA
United Kingdom 
Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you have reason to
believe that you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible
for delivering this message to an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have reason to believe that
you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

_____________________________________________ 

This email was protected during delivery to Avaya with TLS encryption

---

From: "tom.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:27:31 +0100

Having read this announcement several times, I still wonder what it is
announcing.  A physical meeting?  A physical meeting plus conference call?  A
conference call?  A video conference?

The reason it catches my attention is the London UK address, and meetings this
side of the pond being relatively rare, and the cost of crossing the pond being
a barrier, I take an interest in any addresses on this side.

And perhaps also because I have strong views about the desperate need that XML
has for an RFC 4181.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:56 AM
Subject: FW: Invitation: Joint XML Guidelines Discussion (20080205) - Update

Dan

Hi all,

Introduction

Agenda

* Introductions
* IPR declaration

Meeting Logistics

* Date:

* Tuesday 5th February

* Time:

* 13:00 GMT - 15:00 GMT
* Local time conversion:

* Phone Access Details:

* Number:

* +1-972-684-5262 (US)
* +44-162-843-5262 (UK)

* Access code: 59781#

Thanks

Nigel Davis
Nortel