Subject: Call for interop proposals

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:13:17 -0800

At the Apps area open meeting in Vancouver, Chris & I mentioned the  
possibility of doing a day of interoperability events at the next  
IETF meeting.  This would replace a day of Apps area meetings during  
the normal meeting hours and in the normal meeting location.  Ideally  
it would allow people to come to the IETF for more than just "their"  
meeting (although we have always hoped they can attend other WG  
meetings as well) and participants may get more benefit and better  
justification for attending.

If we're going to do this, we need proposals: what topic  ( IDs,  
RFCs, suites or functionality) will be tested.  I don't think  
interops will need a lot of management but volunteer coordinators  
would be ideal.  Proposals will need to be followed quickly by some  
indications of who will participate.  WG scheduling is already open  
and we need to tell the Secretariat immediately if they need to  
reserve a day for interops.

Proposals should probably be posted on some relevant subject mailing  
list to quickly generate discussion among potential participants --  
not everybody reads Apps Discuss.

Thanks,
Lisa