Subject: Re: draft-klensin-net-utf8-06

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:34:09 -0500

--On Tuesday, 16 October, 2007 09:38 -0700 Bill McQuillan
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> In section 2.1, I understand that the ONLY way to indicate the
> end of a line, for text parsing purposes, is the pair <CRLF>.
> Any other appearance of either CR or LF, whether or not
> allowed by a SHOULD, MUST NOT be considered to be a
> "line-ending" and only can be considered as text mark up.
> 
> For example, this<LF>
>                   sentence is a single, malformed line.<CRLF>
> 
> Right?

Certainly it is a single line.  Under the original NVT rules, it
is not malformed although it is often bad news.

> A typo: Appendix B, bullet 4, penultimate line:
> 
>   interpreted as one or spaces, but, in general, it cannot be
>                        ^
>                        more

Got it.  Thanks.

     john