Subject: what lists are in apps.ietf.org?

From: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:40:14 -0500

First let me apologize that email to apps.ietf.org stopped working. 
It certainly was not planned that way.  Worse, there was an early 
ticket from Dave Crocker pointing out there was an issue but even 
this got overlooked in the stream of issues that cried out for 
attention.

Unfortunately, since apps.ietf.org is a delegated domain, the 
default action for tickets of this type was to defer to those third 
parties.  This actually worked until we looked closer at what was 
going on with email and realized that the DNS configuration was 
part of the problem.  apps.ietf.org was unique in this respect 
compared to all the other "third party domains".  Sorry, but that 
contributed to the oversight.  I could explain all this in way too 
much detail but, frankly, it would sound like an excuse and it's 
really not important right now.

The problem now is that there is no information as to what mailing 
lists are in the apps.ietf.org domain.  I am aware of the following 
three:

    discuss
    urn-nid
    w3c-policy

The discuss list now works and the other two will work soon 
(today).  There is a mapping rule that has to be added to the email 
system to make things work the way you would expect given the 
configuration of apps.ietf.org.

If you own a list in the apps.ietf.org domain would you please 
self-declare by sending a message to me and I'll make sure the 
mapping gets entered and your list starts working again.

Thanks,

Jim