Subject: Re: Script MIB

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:49:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - 

> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Script MIB
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 98 16:23:55 -0400
> From: Eamonn McManus <[email-masked]>
...
> I'm involved in a project that will be adding downloadable-Java
> functionality to an embedded system.  We were very pleased to discover
> the Script MIB draft because it corresponded very closely to what we
> were working towards and so saved us a lot of design effort.  

That's good news.

>                                                               I've
> read through the disman archives and it looks as if I may be among the
> first people implementing the draft standard without having been
> involved in the discussions leading up to it.  This perhaps gives me a
> clearer insight into what aspects of the text might be expressed
> differently to make it clearer to the first-time reader how the MIB is
> intended to work and what the rationale is for various aspects.  I'd
> be happy to write up the areas where I had problems so that the
> document could be clarified, 

These comments would be most welcome!

>                              but it seems as if I have missed
> the boat here given that the draft has already been submitted for IESG
> review.  Is that right?  

That review has been completed.  The document has not yet gone out
for IETF last call, and, in any case, it would only be going out as
a "proposed" standard.

>                          Would it be of any use for me to send
> questions and comments to this list?
...

YES YES YES!

Even if time might not permit comments to be incorporated in the
"proposed" standard, they would be of great value when it comes time
to considering advancement to "draft" (or cycling at "proposed" if
necessary).  This could come as soon as six months after publication.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           Email: [email-masked]      http://www.bmc.com     
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 In accordance with the BMC Communications Systems Use and Security
 Policy, I explicitly state that although my affiliation with BMC may be
 apparent, implied, or provided, my opinions are not necessarily those
 of BMC Software and that all external representations on behalf of
 BMC must first be cleared with a member of "the top management team."
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------