Subject: Script MIB

From: Eamonn McManus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 98 16:23:55 -0400

Hi,

I'm involved in a project that will be adding downloadable-Java
functionality to an embedded system.  We were very pleased to discover
the Script MIB draft because it corresponded very closely to what we
were working towards and so saved us a lot of design effort.  I've
read through the disman archives and it looks as if I may be among the
first people implementing the draft standard without having been
involved in the discussions leading up to it.  This perhaps gives me a
clearer insight into what aspects of the text might be expressed
differently to make it clearer to the first-time reader how the MIB is
intended to work and what the rationale is for various aspects.  I'd
be happy to write up the areas where I had problems so that the
document could be clarified, but it seems as if I have missed
the boat here given that the draft has already been submitted for IESG
review.  Is that right?  Would it be of any use for me to send
questions and comments to this list?

,
Eamonn
--
The Open Group Research Institute, 2 ave de Vignate, 38610 Gieres, France.
Phone +33 476.63.48.82.  Fax +33 476.51.05.32.  http://www.gr.osf.org/~emcmanus