Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 11:03:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Remote 
                          Operations Using SMIv2
	Author(s)	: K. White
	Filename	: draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 04-Sep-98
	
This memo defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for performing
remote operations (ping, traceroute and DNS Lookup) at a remote host.
When managing a network it is useful to be able to retrieve the results
of either a ping or traceroute operation when performed at a remote
host.  A DNS Lookup capability is defined to determine the DNS of an
address at a remote host.
 
Currently, there exists several enterprise defined MIBs for performing
both a remote ping or traceroute operation.  The purpose of this memo is
to defined a standards-based solution to enable interoperibility.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.