Subject: Reduce Time-To-Market With New SONET/SDH Development Kit (9D-1)

From: Tom Robitaille<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:31:28 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague,

Since your interest is in telecommunications or data communications, you
should be aware of the following development kit:

To facilitate the custom design of SONET/SDH-compatible products
economically and rapidly, KSA is now offering its innovative 
technology as a complete board level solution.  The Datacom 
OC-3 AccessRingTM, a development kit for companies manufacturing 
products for the data communications industry, will substantially 
reduce time-to-market.

For over twelve years, KSA has been developing SONET/SDH products 
for companies like Lucent, Nortel and Alcatel.  Our extensive 
experience with this complex technology has allowed our customers 
to get their products to market quickly, and at about half the cost. 

SONET and SDH are the international standards for very high-speed 
transmission of digital information. As businesses expand their use 
of the Internet, the demand for this "must-have" technology has 
increased.  To meet the need for higher bandwidth, manufacturers 
can use the Datacom OC-3 AccessRing development kit to provide 
their customers with specific products they need while 
substantially shortening the development cycle.  

The Datacom OC-3 AccessRing development kit contains a complete 
board-level SONET/SDH OC-3c STM-1 access solution, and includes:

	1)  Core SONET/SDH Framing and Overhead Termination 
            Integrated Circuits
	2)  Clock Recovery and Distribution Circuits
	3)  Integrated Circuits to Encapsulate Frame Relay for 
            SONET/SDH Transport
	4)  Integrated Circuits to Encapsulate PPP for SONET/SDH
            Transport
	5)  Building Blocks for Other Encapsulations
	6)  Building Integrated Timing Supply (BITS) Timing 
            Circuits
	7)  Network Dejitterization Circuits
	8)  Clock Protection Circuits
	9)  Protection Switching Circuits
	10) Provisioning Firmware for Off-The-Shelf SONET/SDH 
            Integrated Circuits
	11) Drivers for Off-The-Shelf SONET/SDH Integrated 
	    Circuits
	12) SONET Sub-System Diagnostics
	13) Protection Switching Software
	14) Network Management Applications Including Provisioning, 
	    Monitoring and Alarms
	15) SONET MIB's

In addition, the Datacom OC-3 AccessRing development kit is offered 
in various form factors and bus interfaces, including PCI and 
CompactPCI.  Hot swappable versions are also available.  

The Datacom OC-3 AccessRing development kit is offered at $225,000 
and is now available.  Application interface and customization (NRE) 
can be ordered at additional cost.  Licensing and terms can also be 
arranged.  For more information, please contact me at 617/527-2000, 
or at [email-masked]. 

KSA is a leading developer of state-of-the-art products for the data 
communications, telecommunications and interactive/CATC industries.  
For twenty years KSA has created innovative products for premier 
companies such as AT&T, Lucent, Nortel, Cisco Systems, Bay Networks 
and Hewlett Packard.  With a staff of over 100 engineers specializing 
in today's "building block" technologies such as SONET/SDH, ATM, xDSL, 
fiber optics, MPEG and PCI, KSA ensures product success by employing 
its proven, advanced engineering methodology to all projects. For 
further information, please visit us on the World Wide Web at 
http://www.ksaweb.com.

Sincerely, 
Tom Robitaille
VP Sales

############################################################
KSA has sent you several product announcements this past year.
If you would like your name removed from our distribution lists for
future technology updates from KSA,please reply to this mail with the word
"REMOVE" for the subject. Thank you.