Subject: Event & Expression Drafts for Last Call

From: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 14:37:21 -0400

I just submitted new Internet Drafts of the Event MIB and Expression MIB.
It is my belief that these are ready for working group last call.  The only
changes from the drafts before the Chicago IETF are editorial, based on
comments from Randy Presuhn.

The drafts should come out as:

	draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-05.txt
	draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-06.txt

I have similar editorial corrections to make to the Notification Log MIB as
well as technical fixes from input before Chicago.  I expect to get those
done by the end of this week if not sooner, completing my three in-process
MIBs.

	Bob

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:35:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - 

> Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 14:37:21 -0400
> To: Distributed Management WG <[email-masked]>
> From: Bob Stewart <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Event & Expression Drafts for Last Call
...

(Wearing my evil disman chair hat):

Since so few issues have been raised with respect to these documents, a
lengthy last call should not be necessary.  Our target is to hand these
off to the IESG this month.  If you don't remember what's in them, it's
time to prepare to do some reading.  I'm planning on issuing WG last
call on October 16, closing on October 30, 1998.  It's better for all
concerned to raise and resolve issues before then.

If anyone committed to reviewing this material will need a little more
time, PLEASE speak up now!

Also, I'd like to get some idea (off-line, if you wish) of how many in
the working group do plan on giving these documents a close reading.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           Email: [email-masked]      http://www.bmc.com     
 Voice: +1 408 616-3100  BMC Software, Inc.           965 Stewart Drive
 Fax:   +1 408 616-3101  Sunnyvale, California 94086  USA
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 In accordance with the BMC Communications Systems Use and Security
 Policy, I explicitly state that although my affiliation with BMC may be
 apparent, implied, or provided, my opinions are not necessarily those
 of BMC Software and that all external representations on behalf of
 BMC must first be cleared with a member of "the top management team."
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - 

I have heard from two people indicating that they would be
reading these MIBs, and one of them requested that I defer
issuing a WG last call by another week.  I think that is
only reasonable.  The issues that Bram van der Waaij has
identified for the drafts indicate that another round
of edits will be needed anyway.

Sooo, let's keep up the comments and the careful review
of these documents, and keep in mind that we're once
again behind schedule!

 Randy Presuhn           Email: [email-masked] http://www.bmc.com