Subject: [Disman] Status of the Application MIB (RFC 2564)

From: "Dave Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:56:19 +0100

All,

After reading RFC 2564 some time ago I've been wondering what became of
this proposal? I haven't found an implementation, nor have I found an
RFC which obsoletes the Application-MIB.

I've done some work that may become a base to build an open-source
implementation for this RFC (See the thread on net-snmp-users
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11179049).

It seems unlikely that nobody has implemented this already, so perhaps
there is a newer, better replacement for monitoring application
throughput?

Best Regards

Dave

--

ammeon.com

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:19:21 -0400

Dave,

I have not followed this very closely of late, but last I knew some 
vendors implemented a few objects here and there that look like they 
could have come from this module.  This is very much like other MIB 
Modules, the System Application and Host Resources Modules being two 
good examples - though their implementation is broader.  If you have a 
reference implementation, that would be a good thing.  I would think 
that people might want to use it with some open source servers.
/jon
On Apr 19, 2005, at 5:56 AM, Dave Anderson wrote:

> All,
>
>  
>
> After reading RFC 2564 some time ago I’ve been wondering what became 
> of this proposal? I haven’t found an implementation, nor have I found 
> an RFC which obsoletes the Application-MIB.
>
>  
>
> I’ve done some work that may become a base to build an open-source 
-----
Jon Saperia
[email-masked]
Phone:  978-461-0249
Fax:    617-249-0874
http://www.jdscons.com/