Subject: [Disman] Syslog Protocol document and Alarm MIB

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:01:53 +0200

Since the Alarm MIB was done in this WG, you may want to
take a look at section 6.2.1.1 of document 
   draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-17.txt

It says:

   6.2.1.1.  Relation to Alarm MIB

   The Alarm MIB RFC3877 [11] defines ITU perceived severities which are
   useful to be able to relate to the syslog severities, particularly in
   the case where alarms are being logged.  The ITUPerceivedSeverity
   corresponds to a syslog Severity as shown in table 2 below.

              ITU Perceived Severity      syslog SEVERITY
              Critical                    Alert
              Major                       Critical
              Minor                       Error
              Warning                     Warning
              Indeterminate               Notice
              Cleared                     Notice

           Table 3. ITUPerceivedSeverity to syslog SEVERITY mapping.

I think this is OK. But wanted to make sure we have all had a chance to
look at it and make a comment if you think it is not OK. Probably best to
then also copy such comment to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Bert

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:19:54 -0400

Hi

I actually drafted the initial version of text for this section, but of
course, it would be good to get the views of the working group itself to
ensure it makes sense. After my initial mapping, there was some working
syslog working group discussion and some modifications were make. The
problem is that a perfect mapping can't be made and so you have to
decide which part of the mapping you are willing to less then ideal.

Sharon 

-----Original Message-----
From: Wijnen, Bert (Bert) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 7:02 AM
To: Disman (E-mail) (E-mail)
Subject: [Disman] Syslog Protocol document and Alarm MIB

Since the Alarm MIB was done in this WG, you may want to take a look at
section 6.2.1.1 of document 
   draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-17.txt

It says:

I think this is OK. But wanted to make sure we have all had a chance to
look at it and make a comment if you think it is not OK. Probably best
to then also copy such comment to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Bert