Subject: If a gift inspires me to be more creative in the classroom, or actually provides me with a prop I can use in a future class, I'm overjoyed.

From: Palmer Samuel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 23:15:08 -0300

OTCPicks.com Picks SREA As The Stock to Watch. UP 272% In 7 Days!

Score One Inc.
SREA
$0.30 UP 20% Today

Up another 20% today and over 272% in the last 7 days, OTCPICKS.com puts
SREA on their watch list. Read up and get on SREA first thing Wed!

On a pragmatic side, I see that I should identify myself as the advisor
to the campus litmag, as well.

Lucy is critiquing Snoopy's novel, saying a good book should be witty,
beautiful, etc.

Jerz's revelation is that dialogue can be tougher than monologue, even
though the "weight" of the conversation is ostensibly evenly distributed
in a discussion.

I'm a big fan of examining faculty doors; I think office decor and a
faculty doorway can tell you a lot about a teacher's or campus'
personality. The circumstance determines the approach. One student
compared it to Communism and said it not only "broke their train of
thought" but that it "definitely made the critiquing process take
longer.

This keeps us all on track.

But I also like to experiment with the ELMO and see what other things it
is capable of doing. A Valentine's Day gift from the SHU Craft Club.

What's not: The tick-tick-tick of the tenure clock; grading papers;
salaries at the low end are indeed low. Comments A great set of
observations and methods.

I'll also often use second person plural to discuss topics, while making
direct eye contact with student after student.

I received tenure in my position as Associate Professor of English at
Seton Hill University this week. a lesson culled from an experience of
teaching a class while feeling under the weather.

How about learning some basics of public speaking and presentations so
you know how to keep people listening attentively? And when media
scholars turn their nose up at TV I think they're missing a lot. I need
to remove this; it's taking up valuable real estate!
From there, students are encouraged to start thinking about the types of
morality-based messages their favorite television shows deliver.
It's an important milestone and quite an accomplishment, really. I'm
happy to do a demonstration, John. Thank you cards are always a good
idea when a prof does work for you that they aren't paid to do. Having
the overhead shows that my lecture is prepared, but also open to student
contributions to the issues that the questions raise. Using mini-lecture
methods to "bookend" an activity is a great way to think about how to
structure a class. Let's call it a learning "recharge" instead. "  I'd
press critics to give examples, reference the ideas in the book, and
generally defend their arguments. But, it was interesting reading your
blog on the subject.

Maybe I need to fire that up.
In the final pane, Snoopy asks, "Sick doesn't count? I print a new one
of these out every term and just tape it to the door. Warm regards,
Jessica Smith, CFP Hi Jessica! If you do mention it at the committee,
Dennis, please make sure you tell them that that water bottle I put on
the ELMO was CAPPED.

My lecturing style is very porous; I expect interruptions and sideline
discussions.

And, how about a quick demo at the next division meeting? Not only do
students tune out once that "dead" period is reached, the energy level
of the class also flags. So, why are "activity breaks" necessary again?
Here are some excellent sources I've come across.

We are both members of the same financial association; would their logo
on a mug be an appropriate gift?

I am positive that I can make it through this fast though, maybe not
easily, but I can do it.
But I can understand how frustrating it must have been to have been
treated differently.

What's interesting about the report is that they don't just look at
salary.
I might dress more formally, use the podium more stiffly, adopt all the
cues of the presentational mode of speech delivery. If they've been
daydreaming, I'll even give them the chance to recalibrate their
attentiveness by restating a point I've just made, but I still demand
that they answer the question. Feel free to share your own 'sage advice'
by leaving a comment. Let's call it a learning "recharge" instead.

I want to send a gift of appreciation with my thank you note. Comments
Congratulations!

But one thing that it signifies, which I hope is not a myth, is the
security of academic freedom.