Subject: [Diversity] Mentor program (was at IETF list; IETF-89 summary article

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:09:26 +0100

Hi Jari (IETF Chair),

Sorry changed addressed to posted to diversity list not IETF, to focus my
input and to not get attacks from IETF participants. Also I want to know if
IETF have attracted more newcomers/mentors in this 89 meeting through the
mentor program. However, I still think that some old-comers need mentoring
as well to help them remember the IETF vision. Question below,

On Monday, March 10, 2014, IETF Chair wrote:

> Thank you all for participating and making the IETF week a success! With
> the week now over, I wanted to write a brief summary of the main
> discussions from my perspective. Here:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/blog/2014/03/ietf-89-summary/
>
> What did you find noteworthy in the meeting? Any surprises, unexpected
> difficulties, or opportunities for new good things?

 How did the mentoring program go so far within IETF89. I would like to
know how many mentors volunteering and how many newcomers are using such
service. Please add me in the count :-) because I am already having one,
and at IETF89 meeting I meat volunteer mentor.

Thanks
AB

---

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:17:06 +0200

AB: There were 20 mentor-mentee pairs, IIRC.

Jari