Subject: Re: [Diversity] 'Paywall, ' IETF self-sufficiency, increasing participation (was Re: Remote participation fees)

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 22:55:18 +0200

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 9:38 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 01/03/2015 15:04, Pranesh Prakash wrote:
> > Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> [2015-03-001 14:15:05
> > +1300]:
> >> Additionally, the IETF interprets each person's input as individual,
> >> whether it is or it isn't. That in itself is quite effective in
> >> disenfranchising employers.
> >
> > Is there an RFC that states this?
>
> The fact that we participate as individuals is documented in BCP 95 (RFC
> 3935).
> The way we evaluate consensus is discussed (informationally) in RFC 7282.
>

If the input is individuals effort then output is individuals effort, very
simple model, so its the groups name which counts. IMHO we may need to
amend that RFC3935 because group-participation is not only input-IETF but
also output-IETF, why the output of IETF includes companies names within
RFCs??? Did this RFC ignore participation in the IETF output?? The IETF
needs to clarify its output as individual, so that it is only individuals
effort output and not company effort involved. I tried to see that
exclusion but did not find that. Therefore, that RFC3935/7282 does not
exclude companies support from the interpretation of its output.

AB