Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] Upcoming personnel changes

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 21:09:42 -0700

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 10:22 AM Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> We have some personnel changes to announce.  First, we would like to thank
> Tim Wicinski for stepping in to co-chair DMARC with me.  Going forward he
> will be focusing on his duties with DNSOP and other IETF work and is still,
> of course, welcome to participate here.  For the next couple of months, I
> will be going it alone.
>
> Second, I have been appointed by the NomCom to a two year term as ART Area
> Director.  Alexey Melnikov and Adam Roach are finishing their terms in
> March at the Vancouver meeting, and the IESG has elected to close one of
> those positions.  I will assume that role at the March meeting.  Barry
> Leiba still has a year left in his current term as the other ART AD.
>
> Accordingly, at that time, Alexey and I will effectively trade roles: He
> will become DMARC chair and I will become its supervising Area Director,
> while we consider our options for assigning a co-chair to carry the load
> with him.  So nothing changes until March, but we thought it appropriate to
> advise the WG of the plan ahead of time.
>

A brief update:

We have decided to make Seth Blank a full working group chair.  We were
also pleased to learn that Tim is able to stay with us longer than
anticipated.  Thus, for the short term, we will have three co-chairs.

Please prepare for the ramp-up of the DMARCbis work.   I suspect it will be
a long road to get this ready for Standards Track and address all of our
queued issues on way or another.  Set your "teamwork" dials to 11.

-MSK