Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis-00.txt

From: Tim Wicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 13:04:44 -0400

All

I have some Copious Spare Time, so I started doing the work of submitting
DMARC-bis

What was done:

- imported rfc 7489 text

- updated errata
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/inline-errata/rfc7489.html#eid5440

- updated references to use RFCXXXX nomenclature

- updated internal references

- opened issue to update obsolete RFC refs (7001/5226)

- opened issue to update IANA considerations to reflect the _underscore
registry RFC8552

- added myself as editor

What is missing:

- Definitions have some minor formatting nits

- [FIXTHIS: Reference to [RFC3986] in code block]

Location:    https://github.com/moonshiner/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis

All open issues are currently in the issue tracker

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/report/1

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 12:58 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis-00.txt
To: Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>, Tim Wicinski <
[email-masked]>, Elizabeth Zwicky <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tim Wicinski and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis
Revision:       00
Title:          Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and
Conformance (DMARC)
Document date:  2020-03-20
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          72
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-dmarcbis

Abstract:
   Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance
   (DMARC) is a scalable mechanism by which a mail-originating
   organization can express domain-level policies and preferences for
   message validation, disposition, and reporting, that a mail-receiving
   organization can use to improve mail handling.

   Originators of Internet Mail need to be able to associate reliable
   and authenticated domain identifiers with messages, communicate
   policies about messages that use those identifiers, and report about
   mail using those identifiers.  These abilities have several benefits:
   Receivers can provide feedback to Domain Owners about the use of
   their domains; this feedback can provide valuable insight about the
   management of internal operations and the presence of external domain
   name abuse.

   DMARC does not produce or encourage elevated delivery privilege of
   authenticated email.  DMARC is a mechanism for policy distribution
   that enables increasingly strict handling of messages that fail
   authentication checks, ranging from no action, through altered
   delivery, up to message rejection.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat