Subject: [dmarc-ietf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 15:25:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Experimental DMARC Extension For Public Suffix Domains
        Authors         : Scott Kitterman
                          Tim Wicinski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-12.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-04-12

Abstract:
   Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance
   (DMARC) permits a domain-controlling organization to express domain-
   level policies and preferences for message validation, disposition,
   and reporting, which a mail-receiving organization can use to improve
   mail handling.

   DMARC distinguishes the portion of a name that is a Public Suffix
   Domain (PSD), below which organizational domain names are created.
   The basic DMARC capability allows organizational domains to specify
   policies that apply to their subdomains, but it does not give that
   capability to PSDs.  This document describes an extension to DMARC to
   fully enable DMARC functionality for PSDs.

   Some implementations of DMARC consider a PSD to be ineligible for
   DMARC enforcement.  This specification addresses that case.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 18:08:19 -0700

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 3:25 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks.  This is now in IESG Evaluation and will probably make the next
telechat (on the 22nd).

-MSK

---

From: Craig Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 08:27:30 -0400

It's good to see this work progressing. For the sake of clarity and
transparency, .bank and .insurance are listed in Appendix B, Part 2,
however fTLD Registry (the PSO) does not currently have permission from
ICANN to add a DMARC record to the DNS of these PSDs. The purpose for
kicking off this work in mid-2018 is to seek ICANN's approval to
participate in this experiment and going to them with an RFC# will assist
in advancing discussions with them.

Thanks very much.

Craig Schwartz
Managing Director
fTLD Registry Services - .BANK and .INSURANCE

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 6:25 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dmarc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc
>