Subject: [dmarc-ietf] Ticket #60 - definition of NP

From: Douglas Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:22:42 -0400

There is much to like about the new document.   Thank you to the design
team for your good work.

For the NP policy, the MX/A/AAA test lacks the precise definition that I
would expect to be required for a standards-track document.   Does another
document have language that we can use or reference?

Additionally, it needs language to explain why this is the appropriate test
for separating between the SP policy and the NP policy.

---

From: Todd Herr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:52:22 -0400

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 12:23 PM Douglas Foster <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Additionally, it needs language to explain why this is the appropriate
> test for separating between the SP policy and the NP policy.
>
>

The proposed language in draft-ietf-dmarc-dmarcbis-01 regarding the np tag
came from draft-ietf-dmarc-psd-12, specifically section 3.2 of that document
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-psd/>. This is also
detailed in ticket 108 <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/dmarc/ticket/108>

Ticket 60 is currently associated with the aggregate reporting document,
but 'np' doesn't appear in that document, so perhaps ticket 60 needs to be
re-assigned to the DMARCbis base spec. Either way, it doesn't appear that
ticket 60 has been worked on yet.

Feel free to propose additional language modifications either in one of the
two tickets on in this thread.

-- 

*Todd Herr* | Sr. Technical Program Manager
*e:* [email-masked]
*m:* 703.220.4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.