Subject: [dmarc-ietf] DMARCbis -05 published

From: Todd Herr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 15:05:03 -0500

Greetings.

DMARCbis -05 was mostly finalized on Friday, and no changes were made today
to reflect any of the on-list discussion that took place since then.

Like all previous releases, it's a draft full of proposed text.

Main differences between -04 and -05:

   - Definitions of PSD, PSO, and PSO Controlled Domains are fully imported
   from RFC 9091, rather than just referenced.
   - Non-existence of a name is now defined in the same way RFC 8020
   defines; NXDOMAIN means it doesn't exist.
   - Discussion of tree walk has been updated, to better capture on-list
   discussion of the topic.
   - Numerous updates to use the terms "Mail Receiver" or "Report Consumer"
   as appropriate.

Full diffs are here:

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-dmarc-dmarcbis-04&url2=draft-ietf-dmarc-dmarcbis-05

-- 

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* [email-masked]
*m:* 703.220.4153

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.