Subject: [DMM] New OnDemand version - 09

From: "Moses, Danny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:23:40 +0000

Hi,

I have uploaded a new version of the draft: draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-09, addressing Lorenzo's comments (and fixing some typos).

I would like to ask to continue the WGLC process on the newer version.

Thanks,
Danny
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

---

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:12:44 +0900

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Moses, Danny <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I have uploaded a new version of the draft: draft-ietf-dmm-ondemand-mobility-09,
> addressing Lorenzo’s comments (and fixing some typos).
>

The new text is an improvement, thanks. Can something be done about this
text as well?

   For example, a host may not always have a
   Session-lasting IP address available.  When an application requests
   one, the IP stack shall make an attempt to configure one by issuing a
   request to the network"

The simplest thing would probably be to refer to the text in section 3.4
which talks about how to form a new address by obtaining a prefix from the
network. Maybe that text could be broken out to its own "When an
appropriate IP address is not available" section?