Subject: [DMM] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-10

From: Lyle Bertz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 12:28:01 -0600

All,

A new version of FPC has been released for your consideration. Major
changes from v09 to v10 include:

      Migration to a Template based framework.  This affects all
      elements.  The framework has a template definition language.

      Basename is split into two aspects.  The first is version which
      applies to Templates.  The second is checkpointing which applies
      to specific sections only.

      Rule was inside Policy and now is Rule-Template and stands as a
      peer structure to Policy.

      Types, e.g.  Descriptor Types, Action Types, etc., are now
      templates that have no values filled in.

      The embedded rule has been replaced by a template that has no
      predefined variables.  All rules, pre-configured or embedded, are
      realized as Policy instantiations.

      The Unassigned DPN is used to track requests vs.  those that are
      installed, i.e. Agent assignment of Policy is supported.

      The Topology system supports selection information by ServiceGroup
      or ServiceEndpoint.

      DPN Peer Groups and DPN Groups are now PeerServiceGroup and
      ServiceGroup.

      Bulk Configuration and Configuration now follow a style similar to
      YANG Patch.  Agents MAY response back with edits it made to
      complete the Client edit request.

      RFC 5777 Classifiers have been added.

      All operations have a common error format.

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lyle Bertz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp
Revision:       10
Title:          Protocol for Forwarding Policy Configuration (FPC) in DMM
Document date:  2018-03-05
Group:          dmm
Pages:          135
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-
cpdp-10.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-10
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-
cpdp-10
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-10

Abstract:
   This document describes a way, called Forwarding Policy Configuration
   (FPC) to manage the separation of data-plane and control-plane.  FPC
   defines a flexible mobility management system using FPC agent and FPC
   client functions.  An FPC agent provides an abstract interface to the
   data-plane.  The FPC client configures data-plane nodes by using the
   functions and abstractions provided by the FPC agent for the data-
   plane nodes.  The data-plane abstractions presented in this document
   are extensible, in order to support many different types of mobility
   management systems and data-plane functions.