Subject: [DMM] Comment to draft-ietf-dmm-5g-uplane-analysis-03.txt and draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-07.txt

From: "Flinck, Hannu (Nokia - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 11:55:24 +0000

Hello

Draft-ietf-dmm-5g-uplane-analysis-03.txt says that "This work is corresponding to the User Plane Protocol Study work on 3GPP side."

In order to appreciate that intent and to keep 3GPP and DMM views somehow aligned, I would suggest that in this document and preferably also in draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-07.txt you will add a mentioning about outcome of the 3GPP user plan study that concludes that "3GPP has concluded to not standardize the SRv6 user plane protocol" [TR29.892].

Best regards
Hannu

---

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 18:26:11 +0900

Hi Hannu,

Thank you for your comment. 

Actually, draft-ietf-dmm-5g-uplane-analysis was started as related work of UPPS in 3GPP, but this is neutral analysis of 5G user
plane and not tied to specific IETF protocol. Thus,  it seems not appropriate to conclude with description related to SRv6, an IETF
specific protocol.

Also, if some of dmm folks can recognize worth on this work itself, we will be able to change the introduction and conclusion to be
independent of UPPS.

Anyway, we'll consider conclusion of this document.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Shunsuke

From: dmm <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Flinck, Hannu (Nokia - FI/Espoo)
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [DMM] Comment to draft-ietf-dmm-5g-uplane-analysis-03.txt and draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-07.txt

Hello 

In order to appreciate that intent and to keep 3GPP and DMM views somehow aligned, I would suggest that in this document and
preferably also in draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-07.txt you will add a mentioning about outcome of the 3GPP user plan study that
concludes that "3GPP has concluded to not standardize the SRv6 user plane protocol" [TR29.892].

Best regards

Hannu