Subject: [DMM] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-09.txt

From: Uma Chunduri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 17:19:18 -0800

Dear All,

This update covers the comments received related to TEAS work reference (in
the list and off the list).

Please review & comment and we will continue to improve this further (with
other TBDs, after the adoption call concludes).

--
Uma C. (on behalf of all co-authors).

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 5:07 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-09.txt
To: Luis M. Contreras <[email-masked]>, Jeff
Tantsura <[email-masked]>, John Kaippallimalil <
[email-masked]>, Praveen Muley <[email-masked]>,
Richard Li <[email-masked]>, Sridhar Bhaskaran <
[email-masked]>, Uma Chunduri <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Uma Chunduri and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility
Revision:       09
Title:          Transport Network aware Mobility for 5G
Document date:  2021-02-12
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          24
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-09.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-09
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clt-dmm-tn-aware-mobility-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework and mapping from slices in 5G
   mobile systems to transport slices in IP, Layer 2 and Layer 1
   transport networks.  Slices in 5G systems are characterized by
   latency bounds, reservation guarantees, jitter, data rates,
   availability, mobility speed, usage density, criticality and
   priority.  These characteristics should be mapped to the transport
   network slice characteristics that include bandwidth, latency and
   criteria such as isolation, directionality and disjoint routes.
   Mobile slice criteria need to be mapped to the appropriate transport
   slice and capabilities offered in backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul
   connectivity segments between radio side network functions and user
   plane function(gateway).

   This document describes how mobile network functions map its slice
   criteria to identifiers in IP and Layer 2 packets that transport
   network segments use to grant transport layer services during UE
   mobility scenarios.  Applicability of this framework and underlying
   transport networks, which can enable different slice properties are
   also discussed.  This is based on mapping between mobile and
   transport underlays (L2, Segment Routing, IPv6, MPLS and IPv4).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat