Subject: [DNA] Preparing Washington D.C. agenda

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:48:20 +0300

Folks,

[According to Greg, he is quite busy right now, and therefore
we have decided that I'll take care of the meeting agenda
this time.]

I am starting to prepare agenda for the D.C. meeting.  As we
have made good progress with the goals draft, it looks like
that the time is ripe for starting work on the new solution(s).
Hence, I am soliciting for revised and new drafts in the
solutions space so that we get discussion going.  If needed,
we can then form a design team later on.

As usual, any drafts to be discussed at the face-to-face meeting
should have been announced at the ML well before the meeting,
and have clear interest among the WG participants.  If you are
an author of such a draft, and would like to discuss it, please
send me a note, giving

  - name of the draft
  - tentative list of open issues to be discussed
  - amount of time requested

My current plan is to request a two hour slot, provided that
we have concrete enough proposals so that we can have
productive face-to-face discussions.

The important dates are as follows:
  Oct 18 - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial documents (-00)
  Oct 25 - Working Group and BOF scheduling closes
  Oct 25 - Internet Draft final submission cut-off

So far, I have made tentative plans as follows, on the assumption
that the BCP would be mature enough.  If it will turn up to be
not mature enough, we can allocate more time for solutions work.
And, of course, if there appears any controversies on the link
information draft, we can shift some more attention to it, too.

   5 min     Introduction & Agenda bashing
   5 min     Documents status
  10 min     Link information draft
  30 min     Best Current Practise draft
  60 min     Solutions work
  10 min     Wrap up

--Pekka