Subject: [dna] #11: Add applicability statement

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:55:21 -0000

#11: Add applicability statement
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 This document needs an applicability statement that describes the
 scenarios under which it is useful.

 Submitter: Jin Hyeock Choi

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/11>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

_______________________________________________
dna mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dna

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:27:42 -0000

Severity:  Active WG Document            |   Resolution:                 
 Keywords:                                |  

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 I propose to add the following text to a new section called
 "Applicability" to resolve this issue. The previous applicability section
 will be moved into a new section called "Working assumptions".

 NEW TEXT:
 =========

    The Simple DNA protocol is provides substantial benefits in some
    scenarios and does not provide any benefit at all in certain other
    scenarios.  This is intentional as Simple DNA was designed for
    simplicity rather than completeness.  In particular, the Simple DNA
    protocol provides maximum benefits when a host moves between a small
    set of known links.  When a host moves to a completely new link that
    is previously unknown, the performance of the Simple DNA protocol
    will be identical to that using standard neighbor discovery
    procedures [RFC4861].

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/11#comment:1>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:27:42 -0000

NEW TEXT:
 =========