Subject: [dna] Applicability statement for Simple DNA (Providing text to resolve issue #11)

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:05:22 -0400

Hi Folks,

   I propose to add the following text to a new section called
"Applicability" to resolve issue #11. The previous applicability section
will be moved into a new section called "Working assumptions".

NEW TEXT:
=========

    The Simple DNA protocol is provides substantial benefits in some
    scenarios and does not provide any benefit at all in certain other
    scenarios.  This is intentional as Simple DNA was designed for
    simplicity rather than completeness.  In particular, the Simple DNA
    protocol provides maximum benefits when a host moves between a small
    set of known links.  When a host moves to a completely new link that
    is previously unknown, the performance of the Simple DNA protocol
    will be identical to that using standard neighbor discovery
    procedures [RFC4861].

If you have any issues with this text, please respond to this mail on list.

Thanks
Suresh

_______________________________________________
dna mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dna