Subject: [dna] #18: DNAv6 should not apply to manually assigned addresses

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:51:22 -0000

#18: DNAv6 should not apply to manually assigned addresses
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 The document should explicitly state that DNAv6 does not apply to manually
 configured addresses. I don't really see the use case to begin with...

 Submitter: Jari Arkko

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/18>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:23:55 -0000

#18: DNAv6 should not apply to manually assigned addresses
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major                         |    Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                                |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The following text will be added to the end of section 2.2 Applicability

    It does not support
    manually configured addresses since they are not widely used and can
    cause unpredictable results and/or aggressive probing behavior
    [Appendix A].

 Appendix A is a newly added appendix that describes issues with verifying
 manually configured addresses.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/18#comment:1>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>