Subject: [dna] #14: Destination MAC address of NS messages must be specified

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:13:49 -0000

#14: Destination MAC address of NS messages must be specified
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Section 4.5.1 does not mention the destination MAC address of the NS
 packet.

 Submitter: Bernard Aboba

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/14>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:16:35 -0000

#14: Destination MAC address of NS messages must be specified
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major                         |    Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                                |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The following text will be added to the end of section 4.5.1 to specify
 the desination link layer address will be the MAC address of the router
 stored in SDAT.

    Link Layer Header:

    Destination Address:      The link-layer (MAC) address of the router
                              being probed as learnt from the SDAT.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/14#comment:1>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>