Subject: [dna] #15: SLLAO should not be included in RS messages

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:19:20 -0000

#15: SLLAO should not be included in RS messages
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Jin Hyeock Choi
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:                 
Component:  frd                           |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Including the SSLAO in the RS seems odd because it is sent to a multicast
 address.  Unlike the NS, the RS is not constructed for a particular
 router, and therefore its construction should not depend how the address
 was obtained -- since another router could receive it.

 Submitter: Bernard Aboba

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/15>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:22:39 -0000

#15: SLLAO should not be included in RS messages
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  Jin Hyeock Choi
     Type:  defect                        |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major                         |    Milestone:                 
Component:  frd                           |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                                |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 OLD TEXT
 ========
    The probing node SHOULD include a Source link-layer address option in
    the probe messages if the address was obtained using DHCPv6 and the
    lease has not expired.  Otherwise the probing node SHOULD NOT include
    the Source link-layer address option in the probe messages.

 NEW TEXT
 ========
    The probing node SHOULD NOT include the Source link-layer address
 option
    in the probe messages.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://rsync.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/15#comment:1>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>