Subject: [dna] #16: DHCP probes should not be started before ND probes

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:35:02 -0000

#16: DHCP probes should not be started before ND probes
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |      Status:  new            
 Priority:  major                         |   Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Doing DHCPv6 *before* NS probing does not make sense to me. Also, linking
 DHCPv6 procedures to DNA seems odd.

 Submitter: Bernard Aboba

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/16>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:38:39 -0000

#16: DHCP probes should not be started before ND probes
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  Suresh Krishnan
     Type:  defect                        |       Status:  closed         
 Priority:  major                         |    Milestone:                 
Component:  simple                        |      Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document            |   Resolution:  fixed          
 Keywords:                                |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 OLD TEXT
 ========
    Where the host has acquired addresses from DHCPv6 or the host does
    not have a global prefix, it MAY prefer to use DHCPv6 messages either
    before or simultanously with Neighbour Discovery probing.

 NEW TEXT
 ========
    Where the host has acquired addresses from DHCPv6 or the host does
    not have a global prefix, it MAY prefer to use DHCPv6 probe messages
    in parallel with the Neighbour Discovery probing.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/16#comment:1>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>

---

From: "dna issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:45:58 -0000

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 The following text is also added to mention that DNA does not imply any
 changes to DHCPv6.

 The DHCPv6 probing procedures described in this document do not imply any
 changes to the DHCPv6 protocol or state machine.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dna/trac/ticket/16#comment:2>
dna <http://tools.ietf.org/dna/>