Subject: [dns-privacy] Call for adoption: draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-{alpn, https, newport}, draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns-00

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:05:08 -0400

Dear DPRIVE WG,

This starts a Call for Adoption for:
draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns-00
draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-alpn-00
draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-https-00
draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-newport-00

The drafts are available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hzhwm-dprive-start-tls-for-dns/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-alpn/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-https/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-newport/

Please note that we will be having an extended call for adoption,
closing on Wednesday November 26th (the Wednesday just after the IETF
meeting finishes).

This is because there are a large number of drafts, and they will be
discussed at the meeting.
We'd like to make sure that we are adopting the *best* document(s),
not just the ones that folk happen to read first!

Just because the drafts will likely be discussed at the meeting does
NOT mean that you don't have to read them. The links are above...
Also, most people attending the meeting will have a number of hours on
a plane -- might I suggest copying the drafts to ebook device of
choice, or printing them out and putting them in your hand luggage and
rereading htem on the plane?

Please also indicate if you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.

This call for adoption ends Wed 26-Nov-2014.

In addition, to satisfy RFC 6702 ("Promoting Compliance with
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)"):
If you are personally aware of any IPR that applies to
draft-hoffman-dprive-dns-tls-alpn-00, has this IPR been disclosed in
compliance with IETF IPR rules? (See RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669, and 5378
for more details.)

Thanks,
Warren Kumari
(as DPRIVE WG co-chair)

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf