Subject: [dns-privacy] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy-04.txt> (Padding Policy for EDNS(0)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 04:31:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG (dprive) to
consider the following document: - 'Padding Policy for EDNS(0)'
  <draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy-04.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 7830 specifies the EDNS(0) 'Padding' option, but does not specify
   the actual padding length for specific applications.  This memo lists
   the possible options ("Padding Policies"), discusses implications of
   each of these options, and provides a recommended (experimental)
   option.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.