Subject: [dns-privacy] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-02.txt

From: Tim April <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 11:32:40 -0400

Hello DPrive,

We just pushed a new version of draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations
trying to address some of the feedback on the Introduction, specifically
sections 1 and 1.1.2.

We welcome further feedback and request WG adoption as discussed in the WG
meeting in Montreal.

--tim

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:30 AM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-02.txt
To: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Authoritative DNS-over-TLS Operational
Considerations
        Authors         : Karl Henderson
                          Tim April
                          Jason Livingood
        Filename        : draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-02.txt
        Pages           : 14
        Date            : 2019-08-13

Abstract:
   DNS over TLS (DoT) has been gaining attention, primarily as a means
   of communication between stub resolvers and recursive resolvers.
   There have also been discussions and experiments involving the use of
   DoT to communicate with authoritative nameservers (Authoritative DNS
   over TLS or "ADoT"), including communication between recursive and
   authoritative resolvers.  However, we have identified a number of
   operational concerns with ADoT that have arisen as DNS operators have
   begun to experiment with and prepare for deploying DoT.  These
   operational concerns need to be addressed prior to ADoT's deployment
   at scale by DNS operators in order to maintain the stability and
   resilience of the global DNS.  The document also provides some
   suggested next steps to advance the operator community's
   understanding of ADoT's operational impact.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt