Subject: RFC 4034 on Resource Records for the DNS Security Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:56:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4034

        Title:      Resource Records for the DNS Security Extensions
        Author(s):  R. Arends, R. Austein, M. Larson, D. Massey,
                    S. Rose
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 63879
        Updates:    1034, 1035, 2136, 2181, 2308, 3225, 3007, 3597,
                    3226
        Obsoletes:  2535, 3008, 3090, 3445, 3655, 3658, 3755, 3757,
                    3845

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-records-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4034.txt

This document is part of a family of documents that describe the DNS
Security Extensions (DNSSEC).  The DNS Security Extensions are a
collection of resource records and protocol modifications that
provide source authentication for the DNS.  This document defines the
public key (DNSKEY), delegation signer (DS), resource record digital
signature (RRSIG), and authenticated denial of existence (NSEC)
resource records.  The purpose and format of each resource record is
described in detail, and an example of each resource record is given.

This document obsoletes RFC 2535 and incorporates changes from all
updates to RFC 2535.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.