Subject: RFC 4033 on DNS Security Introduction and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:54:30 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4033

        Title:      DNS Security Introduction and Requirements
        Author(s):  R. Arends, R. Austein, M. Larson, D. Massey,
                    S. Rose
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 52445
        Updates:    1034, 1035, 2136, 2181, 2308, 3225, 3007, 3597,
                    3226
        Obsoletes:  2535, 3008, 3090, 3445, 3655, 3658, 3755, 3757,
                    3845

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4033.txt

The Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) add data origin
authentication and data integrity to the Domain Name System.  This
document introduces these extensions and describes their
capabilities and limitations.  This document also discusses the
services that the DNS security extensions do and do not provide.
Last, this document describes the interrelationships between
the documents that collectively describe DNSSEC.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.