Subject: RFC2538bis, an update.

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:49:54 +0200

Dear colleagues,

The last call on RFC2538bis has concluded[1], there were a few issues that
have been addressed in version 2 in the document.

There were some questions on the IANA considerations (see thread starting
at [2]), since nobody identified possible interoperability problems if we
leave the text as is we'll leave the text as is.

No volunteers have stepped forward for interoperability testing. If
nobody steps forward before the end of the week I'll be forwarding
this document to obsolete RFC2538 as a proposed standard. There is no
reason to stall any longer.

--Olaf

Also see
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-02.txt
and http://josefsson.org/rfc2538bis/

[1] http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2005/msg00740.html
[2] http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2005/msg00273.html

-- 

---------------------------------| Olaf M. Kolkman
---------------------------------| RIPE NCC

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>