Subject: RE: DNSEXT WGLC: RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis (draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc 2536bis-dsa-06.txt)

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:52:26 -0500

I support this document, with the change indicated below and with nits fixed, to update the security RR and other references.

(This is a relatively old draft first posted before a lot of the recent increase in format stringency. I have appended a list of nit fixes to the end of this message. You can see a wdiff of this draft with the RFC it updates at http://www.pothole.com/~dee3/.)

Thanks,
Donald
 =========================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake III       [email-masked]
 Motorola Laboratories              +1-508-786-7554 (work)
 111 Locke Drive                    +1-508-634-2066 (home)
 Marlboro, MA 01752 USA

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:17 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: DNSEXT WGLC: RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis 

> >http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-06.txt

	The only change I would make is to make a reference to the
	current key types.

   When DSA public keys are stored in the DNS, the structure of the
   relevant part of the RDATA part of the RR being used is the fields
   listed below in the order given.

   When DSA public keys are stored in the DNS, the structure of the
   relevant part of the RDATA part of the RR (currently KEY and DNSKEY)
   being used is the fields listed below in the order given.
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]

idnits 1.84 

tmp/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-06.txt:

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
    
    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...

  * Found RFC 3978 Section 5.4 paragraph 1 boilerplate (on line 217), which
    is fine, but *also* found RFC 2026 Section 10.4C paragraph 1 boilerplate on
    line 47. It should be removed.
  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 1 IPR Disclosure
    Acknowledgement. 
  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 2 IPR Disclosure
    Acknowledgement. 
  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 3 IPR Disclosure
    Invitation. 
  * There is 1 instance of too long lines in the document, the longest one
    being 2 characters in excess of 72.

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
  * The document seems to lack a 1id_guidelines paragraph about 6 months
    document validity -- however, there's a paragraph with a matching beginning.
    Boilerplate error?

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  - The "Author's Address" (or "Authors' Addresses") section title is
    misspelled.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>