Subject: Re: DNSEXT WGLC: RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:06:17 -0500

In light of the new WG requirement that every document the working
group advances there must be a set of WG members on record that they
have reviewed the documents before the WG chairs can advance the document.

This is a call for 5 members of the WG to read and review each of
these documents.

         thanks
         Olafur

At 23:48 17/10/2005, Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT wrote:

>This message starts a 2 week Working Group Last call ending on
>November 1, for the two following documents:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-06.txt
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2539bis-dhk-06.txt
>
>These two documents replace older RFC's to reflect the fact DSA and
>Diffie-Hellman keying information is encoded the same way in KEY and
>DNSKEY RR's (and other DNS RR types).
>The documents contain few minor textual changes from the RFC's they are
>replacing, including references to the DNSSEC-bis documents.
>
>These documents are on standards track and will be recycled at
>proposed standard, to be at the same level as DNSSEC-bis.
>
>The default action is to advance these documents, if you find any
>issues with the documents please raise them now.
>
>         Olafur & Olaf
>
>--
>to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
>the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
>archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:17:15 +1100

> >http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-06.txt

	The only change I would make is to make a reference to the
	current key types.

   When DSA public keys are stored in the DNS, the structure of the
   relevant part of the RDATA part of the RR being used is the fields
   listed below in the order given.

   When DSA public keys are stored in the DNS, the structure of the
   relevant part of the RDATA part of the RR (currently KEY and DNSKEY)
   being used is the fields listed below in the order given.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email-masked]

---

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:30:36 +1100

Section 2 you dropped the description of the first 4 octets of the
	KEY record but you left them in the diagram.  I would suggest that
	they be removed from the diagram.

	Both need a section describing the change from the RFC's they
	are obsoleting.

	Something stating that it doesn't change the wire format of KEY
	RR's it mearly extends the use to also cover DNSKEY.