Subject: Re: [dnsext] Afiliation of DNSEXT WG chairs

From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:47:20 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Andrew and all,

  FWIW, in my opinion this request is way to far overly politically
charged and should not be ask or responded to.

-----Original Message-----
>From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Sep 1, 2009 11:14 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: dnsext-chairs chairs <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>Subject: [dnsext] Afiliation of DNSEXT WG chairs
>
>Dear colleagues,
>
>The IESG has asked us to ensure that our employment affiliation and
>sponsorship is clear, under a recommendation that's being added to
>http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/ManageWorkingGroup.
>
>We believe this information is widely known, but in case it is not,
>both Olafur and Andrew work for Shinkuro, Inc., and in fact report to
>the same person at Shinkuro.
>
>We are aware that this may make some situations more awkward than
>others.  We have so far tried, and will continue to try, to deal with
>such situations case by case.  If you have concerns about the Chairs'
>actions in a given situation, we implore you to raise your concerns
>directly to us or, if you prefer, to the wider working group (or to
>follow both options if you deem it best).  It is our intention that
>the WG be operated transparently, in keeping with the traditions of
>the IETF.
>
>Best regards,
>Olafur and Andrew (Chairs)
>
>-- 
>Andrew Sullivan
>[email-masked]
>Shinkuro, Inc.
>
Regards,

Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 294k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very
often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability
depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of
Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail [email-masked]
Phone: 214-244-4827