Subject: [dnsext] Afiliation of DNSEXT WG chairs

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:14:03 -0400

Dear colleagues,

The IESG has asked us to ensure that our employment affiliation and
sponsorship is clear, under a recommendation that's being added to
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/ManageWorkingGroup.

We believe this information is widely known, but in case it is not,
both Olafur and Andrew work for Shinkuro, Inc., and in fact report to
the same person at Shinkuro.

We are aware that this may make some situations more awkward than
others.  We have so far tried, and will continue to try, to deal with
such situations case by case.  If you have concerns about the Chairs'
actions in a given situation, we implore you to raise your concerns
directly to us or, if you prefer, to the wider working group (or to
follow both options if you deem it best).  It is our intention that
the WG be operated transparently, in keeping with the traditions of
the IETF.

Best regards,
Olafur and Andrew (Chairs)

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 23:34:54 +0200

> the same person at Shinkuro.

I did not know this, although I correspond frequently with the chairs
and this group. While I think life would've been much better if this
change had been announced when it happened, I must simultaneously say
that I have never seen either Andrew or Olafur display any form of
bias.

    Bert