Subject: [dnsext] Fw: I-D Action:draft-yao-dnsext-bname-04.txt

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:10:43 +0800

updating about synthesised cname description.
other material updating and signalling will be soon available in the next version.

If the owner name of the bname is the suffix of the name queryed but
   different, when preparing a response, a server performing a BNAME
   substitution will in all cases include the relevant BNAME RR in the
   answer section.  A CNAME RR is synthesized and included in the answer
   section.  This will help the client to reach the correct DNS data.

   If the owner name of the bname is same with the name queryed, when
   preparing a response, a server performing a BNAME substitution will
   not include the relevant BNAME RR in the answer section unless the
   type queryed is BNAME.  A CNAME RR will be synthesized and included
   in the answer section unless the type queryed is BNAME or the query
   is the DNSSEC query.

   If the owner name of the bname is the suffix of the name queryed but
   different, DNSSEC validators MUST understand BNAME, verify the BNAME
   and then checking that the CNAME was properly synthesized in order to
   verify the synthesized CNAME.

   If the owner name of the bname is same with the name queryed, DNSSEC
   validators MUST understand BNAME and verify the BNAME.  The BNAME
   enabled resolver (validator) should do somewhat analogous to a CNAME
   for further query.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:00 AM
Subject: I-D Action:draft-yao-dnsext-bname-04.txt 

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
> Title           : Bundle DNS Name Redirection
> Author(s)       : J. Yao, et al.
> Filename        : draft-yao-dnsext-bname-04.txt
> Pages           : 13
> Date            : 2010-08-10
> 
> This document defines a new DNS Resource Record called "BNAME", which
> provides the capability to map itself and its subtree of the DNS name
> space to another domain.  It differs from the CNAME record which only
> maps a single node of the DNS name space, from the DNAME which only
> maps the subtree of the DNS name space to another domain.
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yao-dnsext-bname-04.txt
> 
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
> Internet-Draft.
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>