Subject: [dnsext] CDS RRTYPE review - Comments period end Dec 6th

From: "George Barwood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:49:25 -0000

Dear Colleagues,

Below is a completed template requesting a new RRTYPE assignment
under the procedures of RFC5395.

This message starts a 3 weeks period for an expert-review of the DNS
RRTYPE parameter allocation for CDS specified in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barwood-dnsop-ds-publish-01

Please refer to dnsop list for discussion of this draft.

If you have comments on the request, please post them here before Dec 6th 2010.

Best Regards,
George Barwood

--begin 5395 template URI--

   A.    Submission Date: 15 November 2010

   B.    Submission Type:
         [X] New RRTYPE
         [ ] Modification to existing RRTYPE

   C.    Contact Information for submitter:
            Name: George Barwood
            Email Address: [email-masked]
            International telephone number: +44 1452 722670
            Other contact handles: N/A

   D.    Motivation for the new RRTYPE application?

         To allow a copy of the DS RRset [RFC4034] to be published 
         in the child zone, which is used to update the parent DS RRset.
         It is expected that this will allow the rollover of a key signing
         key to be automated.

   E.    Description of the proposed RR type.

         The format is identical to the DS record.
         However there is no special processing for servers/resolvers.        

   F.    What existing RRTYPE or RRTYPEs come closest to filling that
         need and why are they unsatisfactory?

         None.

   G.    What mnemonic is requested for the new RRTYPE (optional)?

         CDS to stand for "Child DS".

   H.    Does the requested RRTYPE make use of any existing IANA
         Registry or require the creation of a new IANA sub-registry in
         DNS Parameters?

         It uses the same registries as the DS record.

   I.    Does the proposal require/expect any changes in DNS
         servers/resolvers that prevent the new type from being
         processed as an unknown RRTYPE (see [RFC3597])?

         No.

   J.    Comments:
         An RFC describing in detail how the CDS RRset may be used
         to update the parent DS RRset is anticipated. The current draft
         is draft-barwood-dnsop-ds-publish-01.

--end 5395 template URI--

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:37:49 -0500

Colleagues,

As the chair of the experts for expert review requests, I haven't
actually received this request yet.  So George's posting isn't quite
right.

George, is this a request from you for an RRTYPE assignment?  If so, I
can forward your completed template to the relevant list, or else you
may do so (by mailing it to [email-masked]).

Alternatively, you can leave it posted here for more discussion before
formally requesting assignment.

A

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 06:49:25PM -0000, George Barwood wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dnsext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsext

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.