Subject: [dnsext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsext-ds2-01

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 20:30:41 -0400

Updated version of the DS2 I-D is now online.

Thanks,

Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-dnsext-ds2-01
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-dnsext-ds2-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-dickson-dnsext-ds2
Revision:        01
Title:           DNSSEC Delegation Signature with Canonical Signer Name
Creation_date:   2010-11-08
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 28

Abstract:
The Domain Name System Security (DNSSEC) Extensions introduced the DS
resource record (RR) for authentication of zone delegations.  This
document introduces an alternative resource record, DS2, which
similarly provides authentication of zone delegations.  However, DS2
provides a canonical signer name, for zones whose content may be
duplicated with multiple owner names.  The zone is signed by the
canonical signer, and the DS2 record allows for validation using this
signer name.

Author's Note

The IETF Secretariat.