Subject: [dnsext] DNSEXT WG report from the chairs

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 11:52:39 -0500

Dear colleagues,                                                                
                                                                                
This is the DNSEXT Working Group status report from the Chairs.  As we
did for previous meetings, we are undertaking this report on the
mailing list rather than at the meeting.  Items not addressed in this
report should be part of the DNSEXT meeting at IETF 79.
                                                                                
Please be aware that, if there are issues you want to have addressed            
at the meeting and you feel they're not being addressed in this mail,           
you should not hesitate to raise them.                                          
                                                                                
Reminder: contributions to the WG are covered by the "Note Well"
statement, which can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html.

1.  DRAFTS PUBLISHED

    draft-ietf-dnsext-dns-tcp-requirements, RFC 5966

2.  DRAFTS IN OR PAST WG LAST CALL

    a.  RFC-Editor's queue

        draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation

    b.  IESG processing

        draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc3597-bis  
        
            The editor and the shepherd have some work to do on
            language before this is sent along.  The status is
            actually false: this was sent back to the WG.

3.  ACTIVE DRAFTS

    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes

        - The changes that were needed were made.  There's been little
          discussion.  We plan to start WGLC on or about 2010-11-17,
          for one week.  Comments sent to the mailing list now, marked
          as "to be considered in LC", will be counted in the WGLC
          evaluation.

    draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname

        - The document is ready to go.  We think it needs to have WGLC
          along with an update of
          draft-eastlake-dnsext-xnamercode-02.txt.  The WGLC will
          start on or about 2010-11-24.  Comments sent to the mailing
          list now, marked "to be considered in LC", will be counted
          in the WGLC evaluation. 

4.  EXPIRED DRAFTS

    draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates

        - This document still needs a number of things to be
          incorporated.  Let's get that done in the available time in
          the DNSEXT session in Beijing.

    draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0

        - New editor (Joao Damas) was appointed.  The -04 did not make
          the cutoff.  It should be available soon.

5.  WG mailing list move

    The mailing list needs to move.  Unfortunately, it appears we will
    not be able to use the namedroppers name.  We presume that
    [email-masked] will continue to function, although we
    don't know.  Our current plan is to move to [email-masked].  This
    will be discussed in the Beijing session.

Best regards,

Olafur and Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 04:06:41 -0500

Dear colleagues,

I neglected to include in this report a remark about the status of our
charter.  

The charter is still working its way through the IESG, but our Area
Director, Ralph Droms, tells me that it will be dealt with soon.

My apologies for the oversight.

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.