Subject: WG Last Call: Simple Secure Update

From: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:48:47 -0500

The Simple Secure Update document has been revised to reflect all 
comments received by the author. This document how dynamic updates are to 
be secured. This document obsoletes RFC2137 and specifies a new mechanism
that is based on transaction authentications. This document also updates
RFC2536 in regards to what keys can sign data for DNSSEC validation, it
restricts validation to zone keys. This document requires that primary DNS 
servers for update able secure zones have private zone key for those zones 
available.

This is a WG last call ending January 4'th 2000. 

The draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-simple-secure-update-0
2.txt

There are no known defects in this version of the document, but it depends 
on the TSIG document which is still in IESG review. It also has a nominal
dependency on TKEY (which is in parallel WGLC). 

Please send comments to the list.

        Olafur

--------
Olafur Gudmundsson - NAI Labs 			(443)-259-2389 
The Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc.
[email-masked]  [email-masked]  Private: [email-masked]

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:54:59 -0500

>Please send comments to the list.

I have sent comments directly to the author, but I wanted to raise this
issue on the list.

Sections 1.4 and 1.5 specify an update (read: change) and a clarification
to RFC 2535.  I think these two sections are better suited to becoming
their own RFC 2535 clarification document.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: [email-masked]

"Trying is the first step to failure." - Homer Simpson
"No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.