Subject: Well, . . .

From: Larry Sheldon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 13:24:52 CST

> Thank you for your silly ass information.

I joined this list some time ago, not believing for a moment that I would
be able to offer anything useful, but instead believing that I would be able
to learn a lot.

"A lot" turned out to be a serious over estimate.

But I have learned that it is truly amazing that this all works as well as it
does, given the quality of most of the visible effort that goes into 
"improving" it.

And I have learned that the making of laws and of sausage does not nearly
exhaust the list of things ordinary folk outght to watch.
--
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
.                                                                       .
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr.                                            -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration                               .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym                          -
. 2500 California Plaza                                                 .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A.  68178       Two identifying characterstics   -
. [email-masked]                  of System Administrators:     .
- 402 280-2254 (work)                Infallibility, and the ability to  -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular)               learn from their mistakes.      .
- 402 332-4622 (residence)                                              -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon    Adapted from Stephen Pinker     .
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-