Subject: [dnsop] To appear: draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-operational-practices-03.txt

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:01:05 +0100

Dear Rudolf, Santa and other DNS enthusiasts,

Miek and I have just finished a new version of the DNSSEC operational
practices draft. It should appear in the drafts repository shortly.

Based on suggestion during the last face-2-face in San Diego we
incorporated material from 2541 in order to make this document
"one-stop-shop" for DNSSEC operations. The document intends to update
(and obsolete) all of 2541 and we think we did catch all relevant
information, sometimes even by verbose copy.

We were also suggested to change some of the terms that we use in
order to be more in-line with the jargon spoken in the circles where
people deal with key supper sessions on a day to day basis. Except for
using key effectivity period instead of lifetime the changes are
minimal.

We also reordered the text, we hope that provides a more logical
setup. First we deal with private keys and then with the more visible
components.

This and previous versions and a htmlwdiff are available on:
 http://www.kolkman.org/operational-practices/

We would appreciate feedback. If no feedback is received the document
is probably ready for last call. The target would be "Informational".

-- Olaf Kolkman

---------------------------------| Olaf M. Kolkman
---------------------------------| RIPE NCC

.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html