Subject: [DNSOP] A.O.B. comment

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:47:45 -0500

What I wanted to express at the end of the session is that it would 
be good to keep an eye on what operations groups (i.e., external to 
the IETF) say about operating DNS.  In particular I raised these two 
items:

https://www.ripe.net/ripe/maillists/archives/ripe-list/2007/msg00034.html

and

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg01373.html

I don't want to point fingers at activity/non-activity in other 
groups, what I want to raise is the question of whether this WG is 
being responsive to the operations problems facing DNS.  I think it 
is good to be aware of what really is happening in DNS operations.

There's no clear issue, and certainly no obvious activity I can see 
to answer to the above issues.  I only mean to throw this on the 
table.

I'd be willing to discuss this with folks.  In particular, I have 
been sensitive to the lack of DNS operational preparedness for IPv6. 
(As in name servers can deal with IPv6 both in data and in 
query/response addressing yet no root server has a "legal" IPv6 
address nor are there AAAA records for name servers of many zones.)

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

Think glocally.  Act confused.

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop