Subject: Re: [DNSOP] draft-ietf-dnsop-respsize-07

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:29:11 -0400

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 05:38:19AM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

> >    A zone's name servers should be reachable by all IP transport
> >    protocols (e.g., IPv4 and IPv6) in common use.

> what i meant was that a zone should have servers reachable by every
> IP transport protocol in common use, in order that the zone be reachable
> by all DNS initiators no matter what IP transport protocol they're using.

I haven't seen alternative text proposed; here's some: 

  The set of name servers for a zone should be reachable via all
  versions of IP (e.g. IPv4 and IPv6) in common use.

I think that expresses what you wanted, and also gets rid of the
"transport protocols" nit that Rob noted.  (To emphasise, though, this
whole discussion is a nit as far as I'm concerned; I'm happy to see it
go ahead without the change.  It seems like an editorial matter to me.)

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [email-masked]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:29:11 -0400

A