Subject: [DNSOP] Request for IETF69 DNSOP Agenda Items

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:20:04 +0200

Dear WG,

dnsop will meet in Chicago during the Tuesday morning slot (09:00 - 11:30),
see <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/69/agenda.html>.

Please submit requests for agenda slots to Rob and me.  An agenda outline
is available at <http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/agenda/dnsop.txt>.
The agenda will grow there and a draft will be posted to this list next
Wednesday, 2007-07-11.

Thanks,
  Peter

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:45:25 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to have the WG discuss taking up my draft 
(draft-anderson-reverse-dns-status) as a WG document.

Thanks,

		--Dean

-- 
Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?
www.av8.net         faster, more reliable, better service
617 344 9000

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:45:25 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks,

		--Dean

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:43:31 +0200

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 06:20:04PM +0200,
 Peter Koch <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> is available at
> <http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/agenda/dnsop.txt>.

Selection of the "Design team" for NCP
(http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/minutes/dnsop.txt). It was
planned in Prague but not actually done so I suggest, this time, to
set up the team and its mailing list / issue tracker / whatever on the
stop and to have a first meeting the same evening.

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/minutes/dnsop.txt

   5.1) draft-regnauld-ns-communication-00.txt  
     Phil Regnauld, Stephane Bortzmeyer
     <http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/dnsop-0.pdf>

     Stephane Bortzmeyer presented the draft.

     Joao Damas says that the ISC will implement something like this and if
     it's interoperable, that would be even better.  Joe Abley said he is not
     convinced we need a protocol, but rather an "arrangement".  
     Mark Andrews said he thinks we definitely need a protocol and
     Lars Johan Liman agreed and suggests an extensible framework.
     Olaf Kolkman believes this as a good thing and also thinks it should be
     extensible.

     The chairs asked if this is a server-server protocol, a management
     protocol or all both?

     Lars Johan Liman said he needs a management protocol.
     Joe Abley noted that the important thing is representation of data, not
     the protocol.  
     Harald Alvestrand stated that we need functions to allow this, perhaps
     not a protocol. We should not encurage people to implement new protocols.
     We should not use the word "protocol".
     Lars Johan Liman agrees with Harald, but doesn't believe in using the
     DNS protocol for this.

     The chairs asked whether a requirements document might be needed given
     the various different views expressed so far or what other means of
     focusing the work could be chosen.
     Dave Crocker said that when the IETF does requirement documents, we put
     too much effort into them.  Dave requests a service descriptions to get
     people to answer the question: "What do you want to do?".

     Volunteers for compiling a list of services to be addressed:
     - Joe Abley
     - Stephane Bortzmeyer
     - Joao Damas
     - Kazunori Fujiwara
     - Lars Johan Liman
     - Geoff Sisson

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:43:31 +0200