Subject: [DNSOP] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt]

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:12:26 -0400

Folks,

If you are looking for a cliche, how about:  better late th, an never?

This is revised based on original presentation about dns-attrleaf, in order to
document it as a starting point for working group discussion.

I suppose, in fact, this should have been submitted as
draft-ietf-dsnop-attrleaf, but it was too late for a new draft posting.

I know at least one participant has an alternative data model to propose for
registration, and am hereby encouraging him to submit his comments, in order
to get group discussion going.

d/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:15:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: DNS Scoped Data Through Attribute Leaves
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker
	Filename	: draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-7-11
	
Historically, any DNS RR may occur for any domain name.  Recent
     additions have defined DNS leaf nodes that contain a reserved node
     name, beginning with an underscore.  The underscore construct is used
     to define a semantic scope for the associated, parent domain name,
     within which the use of some RRs is constrained.  Hence the
     underscore construct defines a basic paradigm modification to the
     DNS.  This note explores the nature of this DNS usage and defines the
     procedures for registering "underscore names" with IANA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dns-attrleaf-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop