Subject: [DNSOP] AAAA records to be added for root servers

From: Barbara Roseman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:05:55 -0800

apologies for cross-posting...

On 4 February 2008, IANA will add AAAA records for the IPv6 addresses  
of the four root servers whose operators have requested it. A  
technical analysis of inserting IPv6 records into the root has been  
done by a joint working group of ICANN's Root Server System Advisory  
Committee and Security and Stability Advisory Committee, a report of  
which can be found at http://www.icann.org/committees/security/ 
sac018.pdf. Network operators should take whatever steps they feel  
appropriate to prepare for the inclusion of AAAA records in response  
to root queries.

More information will be posted to the IANA web site during January.

Regards,

Barbara Roseman
IANA General OperationsManager
ICANN

_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop