Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Considerations for the use of DNS Reverse Mapping
	Author(s)       : D. Senie, A. Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-06.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2008-03-13

Mapping of addresses to names is a feature of DNS.  Many sites
implement it, many others do not.  Some applications attempt to use
it as a part of a security strategy.  This document outlines what
should be taken into account when deciding whether to implement
reverse mappings of addresses to names, suggests that site
administrators implement reverse mappings if there are no strong
considerations against such mappings, and provides considerations to
be taken into account when using reverse mappings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:19:21 -0400

Dear colleagues,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-06.txt

I submitted the revision above in order to revive the draft.

I mentioned in the jabber room during the dnsop meeting that there are
no substantive changes in the -06 draft.  I nevertheless wanted to
note them all.  This is that email.

We removed the unnecessary reference to RFC 1258, because it was
obsolete.

We removed a paragraph break in section 3.4.

A previously-agreed disambiguation of "hosts" and "hosts listed in the
forward zone" was missing from section 4.4, so we fixed it.

We fixed up a large number of formatting errors in the references
section.  

We added acknowledgement to additional commenters.

We updated my contact information.

That's it.

I did receive some off-list comments from one reviewer.  I believe the
issues he raised have in fact been dealt with in previous review, but
I will summarise them and post them to this list once the Chairs have
started WGLC.  I invited him to post the issues to the list himself,
but he did not want to.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan                
[email-masked]          
+1 503 667 4564 x104           
http://www.commandprompt.com/
_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:19:21 -0400

Dear colleagues,

That's it.

Best regards,

A