Subject: [DNSOP] DNS text in Enumservices guide...

From: "Alexander Mayrhofer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:31:19 +0100

As mentioned in the session today, the Enumservices Guide contains some
text on DNS Considerations in section 5.7:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide

The original reason for this text was the "unused" Enumservice, which
conveyed assumptions about the DNS space "below" the record. Suggestions
for changes (or more extensive) text are appreciated.

Alex
_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Florian Weimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:25:00 +0100

> for changes (or more extensive) text are appreciated.

It might be helpful to include an estimate of the number of bytes
typical records will add to the size of the NAPTR response.

On our non-DNS related note, I think you reservation of the "X-"
namespace is misguided.  The only way to reliably prevent
standardization of X- names is not to use them in the first place.  Once
they are in experimental use, and the experiment turns out to be hugely
successful, the X- name tends to stick.
_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Florian Weimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:25:00 +0100