Subject: [DNSOP] FWD: RFC 5158 on 6to4 Reverse DNS Delegation Specification

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:43:05 +0100

Since draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-XX.txt was kind of a foster child of
this WG, here's the publication note.  Thanks to Geoff and especially to our
AD for getting this through the IESG!

-Peter

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5158 on 6to4 Reverse DNS Delegation Specification
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:57:27 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5158

        Title:      6to4 Reverse DNS Delegation Specification 
        Author:     G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25536
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huston-6to4-reverse-dns-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5158.txt

This memo describes the service mechanism for entering a delegation
of DNS servers that provide reverse lookup of 6to4 IPv6 addresses
into the 6to4 reverse zone file.  The mechanism is based on a
conventional DNS delegation service interface, allowing the service
client to enter the details of a number of DNS servers for the
delegated domain.  In the context of a 6to4 reverse delegation, the
client is primarily authenticated by its source address used in the
delegation request, and is authorized to use the function if its IPv6
address prefix corresponds to an address from within the requested
6to4 delegation address block.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

[....]
_______________________________________________
DNSOP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:43:05 +0100

-Peter

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

        RFC 5158

[....]