Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 07:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Management of Name Servers for the DNS
	Author(s)       : W. Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-02-12

Management of name servers for the Domain Name Service (DNS) has
traditionally been done using vendor-specific monitoring,
configuration and control methods.  Although some service monitoring
platforms can test the functionality of the DNS itself there is not a
interoperable way to manage (monitor, control and configure) the
internal aspects of a name server itself.

This document discusses the requirements of a management system for
DNS name servers.  A management solution that is designed to manage
the DNS can use this document as a shopping list of needed features.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.