Subject: [DNSOP] OpenSRS support for IPv6 NS

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:43:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Deployment of IPv6 nameservers was very hard because most Registries
did not support receiving IPv6 information. In part because of the huge
market share at Registers that are OpenSRS resellers, and the lack of
support within OpenSRS. It took a while, but we[*] finally managed to
convince OpenSRS to add this. It should be available soon.  Hopefully,
the resellers of OpenSRS will pick this in the next little while.

The most official announcement of this:

http://forums.opensrs.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=83&sid=36d838d716974148b74f867c71fabfe7

Thanks to those involved in conveying the importance of this.

To the universal deployment of IPv6!

Paul
[*] Various IETF regulars

---

From: Antonio Querubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:30:41 -1000 (HST)

> the resellers of OpenSRS will pick this in the next little while.

I had asked them about this back in Jan 2008 and they had indicated at 
that time that they were hoping to have IPv6 support out by that summer. 
That summer has come and gone and this years summer is almost over.  So 
while I remain hopeful, I'm not holding my breath... :)

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  [email-masked]