Subject: [DNSOP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DNSSEC Signing Policy & Practice Statement Framework
	Author(s)       : F. Ljunggren, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2010-03-23

This document presents a framework to assist writers of DNSSEC
Signing Policy and Practice Statements such as Regulatory Authorities
and Registry Managers on both the TLD and secondary level, who is
operating a DNS zone with Security Extensions (DNSSEC) implemented.

In particular, the framework provides a comprehensive list of topics
that potentially (at the writer's discretion) needs to be covered in
a DNSSEC Signing Policy definition and Practice Statement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-dps-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Fredrik Ljunggren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:42:58 +0100

Hi,

This draft was adopted by the working group at the meeting in Hiroshima. Since then there has been very limited feedback on the document. A handful of people volunteered to review the draft, and I encourage them and others with interest in this to read and provide any feedback they may have.

This update contains mainly editorial changes which are not material.

regards, 

 -- Fredrik

On 2010-03-23, at 17:15, [email-masked] wrote:

> <Mail Attachment>_______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dnsop

---

From: Sebastian Castro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:12:02 +1300

Hi,

> This update contains mainly editorial changes which are not material.

After a quick review of the changes, I was surprised to see you
eliminated the question "Key sizes and algorithm" from the "Key Pair
Generation and Installation" subsection.

Is there any reason behind such change?

Kind Regards

-- 
Sebastian Castro
DNS Specialist
.nz Registry Services (New Zealand Domain Name Registry Limited)
desk: +64 4 495 2337
mobile: +64 21 400535

---

From: Fredrik Ljunggren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:24:55 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, the answer is that we consider that to be part of the zone signing parameters (section 6.1), and hence let section 5.1 to be strictly controls related to how keys are generated and installed (and not their properties, such as key sizes and algorithms).

-- Fredrik

On 2010-03-23, at 23:12, Sebastian Castro wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DNSOP mailing list
> [email-masked]