Subject: Re: [DNSOP] draft on newzone_notify

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:30:05 +0100 (MEZ)

> I do think that it belongs in dnsext rather than dnsop - did you
> decide to move based on feedback from the working group chairs?

Shane,
at least _my_ argument was an encouragement to consider whether
(or not) the underlying problem could/should be better addressed
under the umbrella of the nameserver management protocol effort
in DNSOP (i.e. _not_ in-band in the DNS protocol).

If that makes sense, the topic falls into the bailiwick of DNSOP.

Thus it seems a good idea to discuss the problem statement in DNSOP
before deciding which road to go with a solution.

BR,
  Alfred.

---

From: Johan Ihren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:18:20 +0100

> before deciding which road to go with a solution.

I think this is exactly right.

Johan