Subject: [DNSOP] BCP 163, RFC 6303 on Locally Served DNS Zones

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:58:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 163        
        RFC 6303

        Title:      Locally Served DNS Zones 
        Author:     M. Andrews
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22503
        See Also:   BCP0163

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-default-local-zones-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6303.txt

Experience with the Domain Name System (DNS) has shown that there are
a number of DNS zones that all iterative resolvers and recursive
nameservers should automatically serve, unless configured otherwise.
RFC 4193 specifies that this should occur for D.F.IP6.ARPA.  This
document extends the practice to cover the IN-ADDR.ARPA zones for RFC
1918 address space and other well-known zones with similar
characteristics.  This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC