Subject: [DNSOP] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:23:45 +0200

Hi,

This is a slightly refocused version of my earlier draft, now focusing on  
defining "Public Suffix", as it is used in RFC 6265

------- Forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for  
draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:38:47 +0200

A new version of I-D, draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-08.txt has been
successfully submitted by Yngve Pettersen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-pettersen-subtld-structure
Revision:	 08
Title:		 The Public Suffix Structure file format and its use for Cookie
domain validation
Creation date:	 2011-07-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15

Abstract:
     This document defines the term "Public Suffix" as meaning a domain
     under which multiple parties that are unaffiliated with the owner may
     register subdomains.  Examples of Public Suffixes include "org",
     "co.uk" and "k12.wa.us".  It also defines a fileformat that can be
     used to distribute information about such Public Suffixes to relying
     parties.  As an example, this information is then used to limit which
     domains an Internet service can set cookies for, strengthening the
     rules already defined by the cookie specifications.  This
     specification updates RFC 6265 [RFC6265] by defining the term
     "Public Suffix".

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
********************************************************************
Senior Developer		     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 23 69 32 60              Fax:    +47 23 69 24 01
********************************************************************